Technical Sales Administrator
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by SGS UK Limited
Job Title: Sales Administrator
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Job Location: Buxton
Salary: £15,000 - £22,000
As a Sales Administrator you will be responsible for supporting with certification activities within SGS Baseefa, ensuring effective and timely management of technical information to and from customers. As the role develops there will be an element of project management included.
As a Sales Administrator you'll receive a salary of between £15,000 to £22,000 per annum depending on experience, plus you'll benefit from a 10% performance bonus, retail discount scheme, private health cover, contributory stakeholder pension scheme and life cover.
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
- Liaison with customers and engineers at enquiry stage
- Ability to identify relevant documentation required to commence a project as well as the collection of complete documentation prior to submitting to the engineer
- Maintain an accurate and comprehensive enquiry-to-order system, suggest and implement improvements
- Develop knowledge to provide basic technical assistance to customers in order to further develop customer relationships
- Manage enquiries from SGS affiliates and the CRM system to ensure good quality consistent replies
- Proactively identify other services that might be relevant to customers and advise them accordingly
- Assist with marketing tasks and provide support to sales/marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Represent SGS Baseefa at exhibitions and during customer meetings as required
- Provide support to customer service initiatives, and help to promote a culture of customer and commercial focus within the business
- Proven skills within a sales orientated or customer facing role, and ability to promote these traits within the business
- Good basic level of engineering knowledge and ability to grasp technical concepts quickly
- Proficient with MS programs including Word and Excel and an ability to learn new systems quickly
- Sales/Customer Service/Marketing activities
- Qualification in engineering subject (ideally to HNC level or above)
- Full UK driving licence
- Knowledge/Awareness of ATEX/IECEx/North America certification and standards
- Previous experience working for a notified body
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially and you will always receive an update within 10 business days.
UK Consumer Panels
Future Engineering Recruitment Ltd