Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor
Posted on Dec 18, 2018 by MPCG HR & Recruitment Limited
Salary: Circa £27k, plus excellent benefits
Location: Adlington, Macclesfield, Cheshire.
Are you a Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor (HSE) looking for the opportunity to work in an exciting and growing environment?
Our Client, Senior Aerospace BWT, is one of the UK's biggest design and manufacturing companies for lightweight low pressure air distribution ducting systems, supplying the world's leading aircraft manufacturers. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company who are well respected in their industry.
This exciting Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor (HSE) role will join an established team and support the Continuous development and management of BWT's HSE management system to meet all current regulatory requirements.
The role will report directly to the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager.
Key accountabilities include:
- Assisting the HSE Manager, Director and Departmental Managers to comply with statutory requirement changed and improvements.
- Assist in the development, promotion and implementation of the Company's HSE Management policies and systems.
- Carry out site inductions for new starter and contractors.
- Provide advice and guidance on statutory compliance issues.
- Assisting in ensuring records of personal monitoring are maintained and compliant.
- Assist the HSE Manager in the development of HSE performance metrics.
- Assist the HSE Manager in collecting information and data for bi-annual reviews and monthly progress reports.
- Ensure Accident and Near miss reporting procedures are followed.
- Assist the HSE Manager in investigating accidents.
- Assist with the management of Contractors working on site in relation to HSE policies and procedures.
- Assist the HSE Manager with Health & Safety training.
- Assist the HSE Manager with Occupational Health providers.
- Establish and manage waste streams.
What about you?
As a Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor you will have a:
- Good understanding of how to engage the workforce and inspire behaviour change.
- Good all round knowledge of European and UK legislative system
- Sound understanding of the principles of risk assessment techniques
- Sound understanding of HSE standards such as OHSAS18001 and ISO14001
In addition, you will be:
A strong communicator and someone who can work on their own initiative with minimal supervision. You have experience of applying reason and persuasion when needed to implement change.
You will have the ability to work flexible hours when required.
How do you apply?
Please select the Apply Button.
In the event of there being a high number of applications, MPCG reserve the right to close the advert impromptu. It is recommended therefore that you submit your CV as soon as possible.
To find out more please log on to mpcg co uk and follow the link for - Search Client Jobs/General