Health, Safety and Environmental Officer
Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by D R Newitt
My client has an exciting opportunity for a Health, Safety and Environmental Officer. You will have a passion for safety, demonstrate excellent communication skills and be a people person. This is a practical hands-on role which will require communication with staff of all levels from operators to the site Director. You will be supported and report directly to the site Health, Safety and Environmental Manager.
- Proactively support the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager in complying with the Health, Safety and Environmental departments overall goals.
- Act as a role model in his/her approach to all safety-related matters, thereby supporting the business in developing the safety culture within the company.
- Conduct Safety Induction training to new staff and contractors.
- Contribute to the training and development of teams, individuals and to self to enhance performance.
- Monitor staff training to ensure that standards are maintained and records are kept.
- Assist in arranging safety training to ensure continued compliance with legislation.
- Promote Health and Safety training and development opportunities on-site.
- Compile Risk Assessments and method statements submitted from Managers and Supervisors, and ensure that they are up to date and communicated to all relevant parties.
- Assist with Fire Safety arrangements and take an active role in the monitoring of fire provision on site.
- Assist in safety inspections and compile reports for distribution. Ensure that appropriate remedial actions are taken as a result.
- Ensure that accident reports and investigations have been carried out appropriately, and remedial actions have been implemented and communicated to relevant parties. Compile accident statistics for the site.
- Contribute to safety meetings and compile minutes for distribution.
- Carry out any other duties for which appropriate training has been given as directed by the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager.
- Deputising for the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager in their absence.
- Carry out any other duties as required.
- Hold a NEBOSH qualification or equivalent Safety qualification
- Member of IOSH
- Be a strong effective communicator
- Proactive and Self Motivated
- Hold a UK driving licence
- IT skills essential
For more information please contact Wasim at D R Newitt.
UK Consumer Panels