Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Your new role
Your role as HR Advisor will require you to perform in almost a generalist capacity. The role will have a particular focus on ER and Recruitment.
- You will be required to provide a full day to day Employee Relations function, advising and guiding on a wide range of queries and issues.
- You will be the first point of contact for any HR related queries.
- You will assist the HR Manager within the full end to end recruitment process.
- There will be an element of HR Administration involved within this role however you do have the use of a shared admin resource.
- The business has recently gone through a restructure and so there is work to be done in relation to engagement and staff well being which you will be fully getting involved in.
- The role will also require you to be involved in some performance management and a range of other ad-hoc, generalist HR duties as and when required.
This role does involve an element of travel and you will be required to travel to York once per week. In the future, there may also include an element of travel to the midlands and so you must be open to this.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will need to have experience in a similar role previously, ideally as a generalist.
- You will need to have a full knowledge of employee relations issues and have experience in delivering advice and guidance on these issues.
- You will have experience and a knowledge of the full end to end recruitment process.
- Ideally you will have some experience on engagement and have experience in performance management.
- You must be confident enough to be in standalone capacity for up to 3 days per week and confident enough to come into the business and "hit the ground running"
- It is essential that you are able to drive and are willing to do some travel as part of this role.
- Experience within a construction or manufacturing environment would be preferential however is not essential.
This role is initially offered on a 6 Month FTC however their plan is to ideally make this position permanent. The role is paying a generous Salary of up to £35,000 per annum and also comes with a company car or a car allowance. Benefits included 24 days holiday (rising with length of service), company pension plan, the potential to earn up to 10% bonus + more.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.