Trainer - Adult Education
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Maximus People Services
Trainer - Adult Education
Full time - Perm
37.5 hours per week
Pension & Benefits
£27,870 - £30,454 dep on exp
Maximus People Services employ real people with a remarkable passion to make a difference. How you behave and get things done is easily as important as your skills and capabilities and we want applicants who buy into our values and want to be part of a global business, in return we offer fantastic learning and development opportunities at every stage of your career.
We care for each other and promote a positive workplace where everyone feels valued. We know that a strong work/ life balance is important and we offer all kinds of flexible working opportunities; whether it's to do with your disability, health or lifestyle choices we will support you to achieve the right balance. So if you're interested in flexible working opportunities, talk to us during the hiring process and we'll see what we can do.
Our skills programmes are for adult learners with a disability / health condition and the role of the Trainer is to deliver learning activity that helps learners address specific barriers and move towards a positive outcome (sustainable employment / an apprenticeship). The Trainer will be expected to develop and deliver "differentiated" activities (i.e. meet a variety of learning styles and levels) to meet individual needs, deliver innovative lessons that motivate learners and build their confidence; enabling learners to move closer to a positive outcome.
Job Description Summary
1. Identify and assess individual learner needs and skills requirements by undertaking a robust initial assessment: including BKSB (Maths and English), learning support, learning styles and soft skills and subsequently developing a tailored action plan to address specific barriers and skills development requirements.
The training will include non-accredited personal, social and wellbeing development activities, and accredited work skills wrapped around a sector of interest, digital literacy and development of maths and English skills. The tailored action plan includes SMART goals/targets.
2. Plan lessons effectively and ensure that activities are differentiated towards individual learner needs.
Deliver training, coaching and assessment that effectively assists learners to develop personal, social, employability and IT skills to better prepare them for work and independence.
Be proactive in evaluating learning support requirements; ensuring that it is consistently and effectively assessed, implemented and reviewed, throughout the learner's journey.
3. Undertake regular and meaningful reviews with learners to ensure they remain engaged in the programme and that they are progressing well relative to their initial starting point.
Obtain and respond to learner and stakeholder feedback; to enhance outcomes and to contributing to Maximus' cycle of continuous quality improvement.
4. Take part in standardisation and team meetings and undertake continuing professional development
5. Complete contract paperwork to an exceptionally high standard to avoid errors and potential funding claw back.
6. Build and maintain excellent external internal partner relationships that will be essential to the success of this programme.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at C or above including English and Maths
- Articulate and inspiring verbal communicator
- Skilled at working with disadvantaged people to achieve their aspirations
- Effective and positive problem solving skills with ability to find a creative solution
- Background in mentoring/coaching roles
- Demonstrate strong focus and ability to implement client strategies
- Ability to identify factors contributing to individual progress and offer development through coaching, feedback and practical advice
- Knowledge to explain how recruitment processes work, and challenge preconceptions in this area
- Energy and commitment to progress initiatives
- Ability to remain objective, when necessary maintaining and representing a position required by the nature of the role or the organisational needs
- Confident and positive can do attitude
- Calm, rational and objective in all situations
The Reading Agency