Support Assistant - Midlothian Snowsports Centre x 2
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Midlothian Council
Carry out procedures in order to meet appropriate deadlines, which may typically involve some or all of the following activities:-
- the receipt and issue of documents, goods and items;
- the receipt and issue of monies where it is as an essential requirement of the post;
- maintenance of procedural records;
- processing authorised orders for goods;
- maintenance of stock levels e.g. standard forms, leaflets, stationery, goods;
- the preparation and checking of related documentation such as application forms and supporting documentation;
- dealing with suppliers or service users as a first line of enquiry;
- booking appointments, venues or taking bookings for organised events and in the case of school-based staff taking enrolments;
- checking and categorising of documents for processing e.g. applications or requests;
Evidence of competency in literacy and numeracy skills such as a minimum of three standard grades level 3 passes or above to include Mathematics and English or equivalent is essential. (SVQ 2 or equivalent is an acceptable alternative). Some practical experience or demonstration of competency in the use of word processing and standard PC software packages is also essential.Experience in a similar office environment, with a working knowledge of modern office equipment is desirable.
Demonstrable competency in keyboard and clerical skills are also required; SVQ 2 or equivalent is an acceptable alternative.
CLOSING DATE Friday 14th December 2018
INTERVIEW DATE Friday 21st December 2018Requirements
Position Title: Support Assistant X 2
Location: Midlothian Snowsports Centre, Biggar Rd, Edinburgh EH10 7DU
Contract Status: Permanent
Hours of Work: 22.25
Working Pattern: See attached
Weeks per year: 52
Please note that it is Midlothian Councils policy that successful applicants will be appointed to the first point on the salary scale.
Based on you working 22.25 hours over 52 weeks per year the minimum actual salary for this position is £11,250.14 per annum.Additional Information
If you have difficulty applying for this post or accessing attached documents, or if you have a disability and reasonable adjustment is required, please callto speak to a member of the Recruitment Team stating the post reference number.
Midlothian Council is currently undergoing a period of transformation, changing and improving the way it delivers services in Midlothian. As a consequence, there are a number of existing employees for whom we are committed to seeking suitable alternative employment within the Council in accordance with our legal obligations. Candidates are advised that, for some vacancies, internal candidates in this situation will be interviewed before the wider selection pool and a slightly longer delay may be experienced before application outcomes can be advised to you. Thank you for your patience in this matter.