Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by Charterhouse Recruitment Ltd
** Applications Officer **
Our client based in York is looking to recruit an Applications Officer to join their driven and dedicated team. This is a rewarding role in a modern, progressive and customer focused team.
To complete all aspects of application processing from initial administration of paper and digital forms through delivery of decisions and support to families in line with processes, guidelines and policies.
- Input all details of first and subsequent applications received onto the database, with speed and accuracy, within performance targets.
- Deal with incoming and outgoing post;
- Communicate in a suitable manner with families and third parties adhering to process and brand guidelines
- Identify and process urgent applications.
- Initiate activities to request information necessary to determine eligibility.
- Complete activities to determine a family's eligibility for an award of grant or service.
- Deliver grants and services, efficiently and effectively, within performance targets.
- Provide information and assistance to all families/customers, appropriate to the enquiry.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of processes and policies for grants and services.
- Make decisions on help for families using company policies.
- Escalate applications to the relevant person, when necessary.
- Welcome visitors and receive deliveries, in the absence of the Facilities Officer.
- Ensure all documents are filed in accordance with agreed procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience working in a process-orientated environment
- Experience working with criteria-based decision-making
- Customer service experience
- Fast and accurate data entry/keyboard skills
- Confident user of Microsoft office and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Able to work as part of a team and to deadlines/targets
- Ability to produce accurate work with a keen eye for details
WHAT'S ON OFFER...
Starting salary £15,925
35 hours per week
Due to the volume of applications we receive if you have not heard from the managing consultant within 1 week please assume you have not been short listed.
Charterhouse Recruitment (Yorkshire) Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.
Charterhouse Recruitment (Yorkshire) Ltd is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments and an Employment Business for temporary assignments.
At Charterhouse Recruitment we are committed to protecting your personal data. Please click on the link below to read our privacy notice which provides you with all you need to know about how we will use and process your data.