CAT Risk Analyst
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Hillman Saunders
Joining a team of two currently, this role has been created due to some structural changes within this leading Lloyd's syndicate.
Our client are looking for excellent technical experience especially with the use of SQL. You will be able to manipulate data and create models within the system.
Treaty not necessarily required but preferred. In this role there will be a close UW collaboration for the value add aspect.
Skills and Experience :-
- At least 2 years Cat Modelling experience in any business line but ideally with a good understanding of the reinsurance market and at least one major vendor catastrophe Model.
- At least 2:1 Degree in an analytical discipline (Maths, Science, Engineering, Economics)
- Highly numerate and logical - strong mathematical/ statistical knowledge a must.
- Ability to manipulate large data sets in Excel and SQL.
- Advanced Experience with MS SQL desired. Ability to build/design and manipulate queries to improve process.
- Familiarity with another programming language such as VBA, .NET, R, Python is an advantage.
- It is an advantage to have good knowledge of natural hazards. Having completed a qualification in Natural Hazards such as the NHFI or similar is a benefit, but not essential.
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.