Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by Shearings Holidays
Shearings Holidays have an opportunity available for a Designer to join our team based in Wigan. Joining us on a full time, 10 month contract to cover a period of maternity leave, you will receive a salary of £16,250 per annum, pro rata.
Shearings is the UK's largest escorted tour operator, offering a broad range of holidays and hotel breaks to more than 200 destinations worldwide. With over 100 years' experience, we provide an unrivalled range of expertly planned itineraries, with everything from 2-day weekend breaks to 17-day escorted tours. Winners of three 2017 British Travel Awards for Best Coach Holiday Company, Best Singles Holiday Company and Best UK Midscale Hotel Brand (for Coast & Country Hotels) Shearings prides itself on offering great value breaks with flexible travel options.
About the role:
As our Designer, you will create graphical and design work to brief that is of an exceptional creative standard, is on brand and produced on time. You will help drive day-to-day enquiries and sales for the brand portfolio and other revenue generating products, to enhance the brand's performance and profile, whilst targeting a wide range of customers. You will also support Marketing, Product and Trade colleagues in the production of material/tools for both on and offline.
Key responsibilities as our Designer:
- Work with the Studio Manager to take creative briefings from the Marketing, Product and Trade teams and ascertain that all information required to produce creative work is gained
- Complete design and artwork from briefing stage right through to final creative files, prepared for print or offline use
- Be part of and participate in creative, conceptual brainstorming sessions with the marketing department and Studio, and design and produce artwork for various advertising, marketing and web content
- Work with Studio Manager to produce all post-production for all campaigns ensuring that all work meets the creative briefs, and that all work is produced on time and has maximum cut through
- You will assist in the production of all brochures using our brochure CMS. This will include working with templates/designs, plus populating pages with copy and images
- With brand guidance and support from the Studio Manager as well as the marketing team, become known as Brand Advocate for Shearings, ensuring all creative output is on brand
- Work with internal marketing teams to ensure that all members are up to date on all current and up-coming tasks on a weekly basis
- Ensure that all work produced is produced on time and is on brand with supervision from the Studio Manager as well as the marketing team
- Be responsible, efficient and organised with the ability to work efficiently as an individual as well as a team player
Skills, knowledge and experience required by our Designer:
- Must be experienced in Adobe CC Suite specifically InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop
- Must have minimum 5 years' experience as a creative with mac skills or a designer
- Be educated to degree level with a graphics design degree
- Must have worked in a team environment and be used to producing conceptual work as well as graphics and design work - must be a creative thinker
- Knowledge of HTML5 & CSS would be an advantage
If you have the skills and knowledge to become our Designer, please click apply now.
360 RESOURCING SOLUTIONS
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Wigan & Leigh College