Commercial Business Analyst
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Indigo Park Services UK Limited
Indigo are a market leader in the UK for the provision of car parking and associated services. With our expertise and experience in designing, building, financing and operating across a variety of market sectors, we specialise in the development and management of car parking solutions for both public and private organisations. With our Business Support Centre based in Watford, Hertfordshire this prime location allows us to grow and deliver our services nationally. We currently have 67 contracts across the UK and a workforce of approx. 850. With a keen focus on business development, we are looking to recruit great people to our existing teams!
With the Company progressing into the expanding world of business intelligence and analytics, it has presented a new and exciting opportunity for a Commercial/Business Analyst to join the BSC in Watford.
We are looking for someone with a natural flair for all things numbers and who enjoys analysing and manipulating large volumes of raw data in order to achieve the most from it. We are ideally looking for someone who has the ability to use and navigate their way through various business intelligence tools, to provide revenue management recommendations and valuable insight to the business.
The role will involve delivering recommendations on price and product through analysis, to ultimately generate additional top line revenue and/or cost efficiencies across the business. Along with assisting with the on-going development and deployment of advanced analytical tools.
The 'ideal' candidate is to become a business intelligence champion in the UK and to liaise and co-work with fellow counterparts across the Indigo group; providing training to all those who require it.
Reporting to the Business Intelligence Manager, working hours are 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday; however, additional hours may be required by the individual in order to fulfil the role and depending on the needs of the business at any given time.
What is the 'ideal' candidate for this role? Here at Indigo we are looking for individuals who have the required capabilities not only to carry out the core functions of the role but have a passion to deliver great service:
- Excellent literacy and interpersonal skills in order to deal with the public effectively
- Initiative - we love to hear your ideas!
- Excellent IT skills with a familiarity of Excel at an advanced level
- A good business mindset
- Project management experience would be advantageous
- The ability to work with minimum supervision but also as part of a team
- At a minimum, we do require an A-level in economics or Maths or a BSC in Computer Science/equivalent
- Able to effectively deal with people from all levels and adapt easily to evolving situations
- Able to problem solve during stressful situations
We believe that working for Indigo is great. Why? We are always thinking of creative ways to give more to our employees. Here is a sample of some of the current benefits on offer:
- Work Place Pension
- Free Uniform
- Access to Learning & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 28 days holiday (incl. bank holidays) pro-rata
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work salary sacrifice scheme
- Merlin Entertainment Employee Discount
- Eye Care vouchers
- Length of Service Rewards
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Simply Health Corporate discount on health & dental plans
- Employee discount on a multiple of gym memberships across the UK with 'My Gym Discounts'
- O2 Open employee benefit scheme offering discounted mobile phone contracts with up to 25% off