Director of Project Management
Posted on Jul 25, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Director of Project Management for Business and Technology projects. Candidate will engage with senior business executives who are looking to undertake a major project initiative or change event, and work with them to help develop their Business Case, as well as manage all activities related to an assigned project or program, to ensure complete delivery of Scope, within budget and within the agreed timeline.
- Deliver on all project management activities for an assigned project or program from Initiation through Closure.
- Demonstrate natural leadership and communication skills to instil confidence in business executive team of your expertise and capability.
- Manage projects in any functional area of a business, ie Manufacturing, Supply Chain, IT/Systems, HR, Finance, etc.
- Manage multiple projects or programs simultaneously. Potentially across multiple businesses, across time zones, internationally, etc. Includes travel nationally and internationally as required by the project.
- Adopt, utilize and enhance the standard company tools, processes and templates.
- Work with a continuous improvement mind-set so that all activities become inputs and improvements for future projects.
- Identify and manage project and program interdependencies.
- Manage external parties involved in an assigned project.
- Manage project completion, handover to steady-state, and post implementation reviews.
- Ensure compliance with company policies for health, safety and environment.
- Ensure compliance with company policies for governmental and local laws and regulations.
- Timely escalation of risks, issues or decisions to higher authorities.
- Management of approved budget to ensure a successful outcome on the project, but remaining within budget.
- Management and development of the project resources to ensure a successful outcome on the project.
- Prioritization of work activity.
- Escalate to project leadership (ie steering committee, owners, sponsor) any project or deliverables that do not align with the communicated direction of the company.
- Add or remove resources from the project. Feedback to the resources' supervisor for performance review input.
10+ years of formal, dedicated project management experience.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certified.
Experience in managing projects across multiple business functions and disciplines.
Experience in leading discussions and extracting required information out of resources to define business requirements, project scope, solution design and options analysis, project planning, resource management, risk and issue management, communications plans, then be able to drive projects through to a successful completion.
Ability to confront situations that need resolution, no matter how uncomfortable the situation is.
Proficiency in using common office technology and tools. Must be proficient in MS Project.
Able to demonstrate experience managing projects and resources across multiple cultures, countries, languages and time zones.
Able to demonstrate the application of Critical Thinking and root cause analysis and resolution.
Able to work from own home office when not required to be onsite at a company or customer location.