Employee Relations Advisor
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by Morgan McKinley
The ER Advisor will report into the Employee Relations Specialist and where required will work collaboratively with HR Business Partners to resolve low and medium risk ER matters
- Act as first point of contact for line managers on ER matters across Ingeus and Reducing Reoffending Partnership
- Providing specialist telephone/email based advice and guidance to managers on low to medium risk ER issues in line with company requirements and will include, but not limited to performance management, disciplinary, grievance, absence management, investigations and flexible working
- Provide end to end support for line managers on ER matters and advise on the interpretation of HR policy and procedure.
- Escalate complex HR matters to the Employee Relations Specialist in line with agreed timelines
- Provide absence management reporting and guidance to line managers, supporting on the end to end short and long-term sickness absence process including Occupational Health Referrals in order to minimize length of absence and support the return to work process
- Work with managers on identifying employees hitting sickness triggers and advising on next steps, with a view to reducing overall sickness absence.
- Undertake minutes at formal HR meetings as required
- Experience of working in high volume ER/HR Advisory role in a unionised environment.
- Ability to assess risks and make fair decisions that meet the needs of the business
- Up to date employment law and best practice HR knowledge.Successful experience of advising managers at all levels and at all stages of informal / formal HR processes
- Level 5+ CIPD qualified/ working towards CIPD level 5
- Excellent planning and organisational abilities with the capability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise accordingly
- Effective in building relationships with managers and stakeholders at all levels
- Clear, articulate and concise communication skills- both verbal and written
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
Hays Human Resources
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited