IT Project Manager
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by TUI in the UK
This IT Project Manager vacancy is within the Commercial and Cruise area of the IT Portfolio Management team.
IT Portfolio Management is a function within the UK & Ireland IT Department primarily responsible for management and execution of the business change projects enabled by IT. IT Portfolio Management is also responsible for managing engagement between the Business and IT. The Portfolio Management team consists of IT Portfolio Managers, Project Managers, Business Analysts and a PMO team.
You will be responsible for the definition, governance and delivery of a range of IT projects, primarily focused in the Commercial and Cruise business functions.
What you will be doing
The Project Manager will join the IT team on a permanent basis. As Project Manager you'll be accountable for the end-to-end management of assigned projects, managing financial and resource usage to ensure that your wider project team of IT and business stakeholders are engaged and supported. Collaboration will be required with project sponsors and IT professionals such as architecture and development specialists to successfully deliver projects.
You will also build, lead and motivate a team which may involve people from other areas and third party suppliers. Within this role you will also be responsible for the production of key project files and documentation. e.g. plan, PID, stage plans, risk and issue logs.
The key objective of this role is to manage IT projects, ensuring successful delivery to agreed time, cost and quality milestones. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a talented and supportive Portfolio and Projects team which will give you exposure to a range of projects.
What we are looking for
• Strong, practical project management experience ideally on small, medium and large scale projects
• Track record of successfully delivering projects in a flexible and appropriate manner
• Preferably hold APM Project Management Qualification
• An understanding of IT technology and its pragmatic application
• A thorough understanding of the development cycle and project management methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, DSDM, RAD) and an ability to switch ensuring maximum flexibility
• Experience of managing remote development groups or third parties with a particular emphasis on offshore management
• Able to manage complexity and ambiguity with strong conflict management skills
• Experience in dealing with multiple vendors
• Stakeholder management skills
• Able to be proactive and manage projects and situations independently
• Excellent communicator with good influencing skills and strong conflict management skills
• Proven decision-making skills - excellent commercial judgement
• Team building and relationship management in an international environment
• It would be beneficial having travel industry experience, particularly in the Airline or Cruise sectors
• Work may require travel to and from TUI UK locations. The role may also require some overseas travel
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK's largest tour operator with key brands including Thomson, First Choice, and Thomson Cruises. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline, Thomson Airways is the UK's third largest airline with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
TUI UK and Ireland is a member of TUI Group, the world's number one integrated tourism group. Covering the entire touristic value chain under one roof we employ 63,000 people in over 100 countries and offer 20 million customers comprehensive services in around 180 destinations worldwide.
Help make our customers smile and in return you will receive a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.