UX Architect / Experience Architect
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Sky Betting and Gaming
As a UX Architect in our Sky Games squad you will work in a fast-paced, close-knit squad working on exciting 5-star, award winning products that include Soccer Saturday Super 6, Sky Sports Fantasy Football, Sky Sports Six-a-Side and Sporting Life Pick 7. We focus on managing and growing the stable of free to play games that leverage the Sky Sports brand, building a strong relationship and association between ourselves and Sky Sports. Sky Games have over 1 million users each week, spread across seven games, in three different territories.
What you'll do:
As a core member of the Sky Games squad you'll be required to:
- Work collaboratively with Product, Design, Commercial and other internal and external stakeholders to help define and deliver best-in-class digital products
- Plan, facilitate and feedback to the business bi-weekly usability sessions
- Facilitate stakeholder workshops and define the user experience
- Be responsible for designing game experiences that are simple, engaging, meet business and user needs
- Work on improving existing products and assist with the design and delivery of innovative new games
How you'll do it:
- Reporting to the Bet Tribe's Lead Experience Architect, you'll work within a multi-disciplinary squad
- Use your passion for the user and your experience working with a variety of stakeholders during the discovery and design phases of our product delivery process
- Represent the UX team and evangelise a user-centered approach when engaging with a wide range of stakeholders from around the business
- Explore beyond requirements and be willing to challenge assumptions
- Facilitate regular workshops and participate in design reviews and feedback sessions
- Utilise your understanding of user behaviours to create engaging solutions from wireframes through rapid mock ups
- Take a personable and sociable approach, being happy to put your designs out there and not hide behind your desk
- Use your excellent communication skills to explain, and at times defend, your work or approach to a solution, showing confidence in your abilities
- Engage and assist external engineering teams during the delivery phase
How we work:
- We have a passion for collaboration and achieving as a team
- Open and honest, we take ownership to get things done
- We encourage self-development and growth with dedicated learning and development time
- We keep the process lean and use data to inform our decision making
- We advocate the user and understanding their needs. You'll be facilitating users interacting with your designs in our own customer lab
- Projects can have a variety of short, medium and long-term deadlines so you'll be expected to have great organisational skills and an ability to manage your time
Why should you work for us?
We really care about your professional development. As a member of the Product team, you'll get 10% of your working week to dedicate to self-directed learning and development. You'll also have £1000 per year Tech Ninja fund to supply you with resources, whether that be a conference ticket for NUX8 or latest books, we've got it covered.
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business to work at.