Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Governance Manager, Committee Appointments, Board Appointments, Stakeholder Management
Your new company
This organisation is an executive non-departmental public body of the Department of Health in the United Kingdom. It is a statutory body that regulates and inspects all clinics in the United Kingdom providing in vitro fertilisation (IVF), artificial insemination and the storage of human eggs, sperm or embryos. It also regulates human embryo research.
Your new role
Working closely with the Head of planning and governance, the governance manager will lead the organisations corporate and board governance work. This includes managing the work and membership of the board and subcommittees, ensuring members and advisers for all of the committees and panels are recruited, well trained and have the appropriate tools and policies to work effectively.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful on application it is expected that you posses the following skills/experience:
- Relevant experience at a senior level including working with a governing board.
- Proven ability to develop and implement effective, robust governance policies and procedures to ensure that the Authority and its Committees run smoothly.
- Experience of managing and minuting formal committees in a public sector organisation
- Experiencing of managing committee terms of office and member recruitment
- Maintenance of detailed, high quality records and collection of regular updates to ensure continued accuracy
- Experience of liaising with senior staff and board members
- Experience of line managing and developing staff
- Track record of excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working closely with team members and others to deliver a flawless governance service.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with diplomacy and the ability to influence. Credible and able to deal comfortably with key individuals at all levels
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills with a systematic approach combined with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively
- Ability to make reasoned judgments and decisions
- Ability to keep calm in stressful situations
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be placed into a permanent role and will be paid between £36,000 - £38,000 per annum.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.