Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Proftech Talent Ltd
A Machine Tool Manufacturer is currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer. The ideal candidate must have experience in machine tools design (CNC machinery) and a strong background in 3D CAD Design.
Position Type: Permanent
Contract: Full Time- (Working Hours: Monday - Thursday 8am - 4.30pm, Friday 8am - 3.30pm)Responsibilities
- Creating designs from initial concept to drawings and BOM's for manufacture.
- Regenerate & Update old & new drawing formats on the CAD system database to standardise drawings where possible.
- Improve and update existing designs to achieve the use of common components, improve quality and reduce assembly times and cost.
- Design new products including grinding machines, sub-assemblies, fixtures, loading mechanisms and tooling.
- Design of gear systems, slide ways, machine bases, hydraulic and pneumatic systems etc.
- 3D CAD Modelling and Drafting on Autodesk Inventor 2015 creating drawings of manufactured components and castings.
- Calculating forces (inertia, torque, etc.).
- Produce design solutions that meet customer and internal requirements, conform to safety and other legal requirements.
- Preparation of documentation for manufacture and assembly i.e. drawings, bills of materials etc…
- Liaison with shop floor staff, design engineers, sales team and suppliers.
- A strong background in 3D Cad Design, FEA, geometric and dimensional tolerances.
- Experience in machine tools design.
- Experience in selecting motors, calculate inertia, torque.
- Relevant qualification i.e. HNC, HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering Ability to work in a demanding environment providing accurate and timely output to a high standard.
Bennett & Game Recruitment
Rise Technical Recruitment Limited
Clear Engineering Recruitment Ltd