Operations Manager - Water Industry
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Five Rivers Recruitment Ltd.
Our client is a well established, family run business based in Dorset, providing installation and repair services within the water industry. They have engaged us to help recruit a new Operations Manager to join their busy team. The successful candidate will need to have previous experience working within the water industry as you will need to hit the ground running. Salary will be commensurate with experience.Overview of duties:
- Supervise manual staff and arrange their work, equipment and training.
- Complete health and safety documents and update policies.
- Meet with clients to understand what they want to do.
- Put together plans and estimates, including budgets and timescales.
- Prepare and present documents for tenders.
- Create new revenue streams and plan recruitment strategies accordingly.
- Contribute to work planning, and brief project teams, contractors and suppliers.
- Gather all information for invoicing at the end of each job/project.
- Investigate and supply information to resolve disputes if they arise.
- Continue improvements on new and existing internal processes.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Operational management
- Commercial awareness
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- H&S experience and awareness
- Strong maths and IT skills
- Good budgeting skills
- The ability to work both on your own and as part of a team
- The ability to work to conflicting deadlines
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiating skills
- Must have experience in the water industry and general construction works
- Operational management experience
- Business management and development experience
- Proven track record and solid references
- Willing to supervise work in all weather conditions and get hands dirty if necessary
- Full clean driving license
- Sense of humour
- Ideally from the North Dorset and surrounding area
- Educated to degree level
- Trailer license (will need to obtain one at own cost if hired)
- Street Works supervisor ticket
- Water Hygiene ticket