Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Major Healthcare
Major GPS have a great opportunity for a Multi Skilled Engineer to join a leading manufacturing company in Leeds. The successful person will be reporting to the Engineering Manager and have a flexible approach being responsible for the reactive and proactive maintenance of the production shift to ensure production KPI's are achieved.
- Carry out Proactive and reactive maintenance following Planned Maintenance targets
- Fault-finding - (mechanical, electrical and pneumatic systems)
- Maintaining PLC systems
- Understanding and working to mechanical and electrical drawings
- Be a key figure in the potential development of trainees/Apprentices in the business
To be successful in the role we are ideally looking for the following skill set:
- Apprentice trained in a related engineering discipline (either mechanical or electrical OR both) with at least 5 years relevant experience within an SME or autonomous and dynamic business environment
- Ability to grow and adapt with the business will be essential
- A positive attitude and the ability to work autonomously and make decisions under pressure when required will be an asset
- Demonstrable skills in engineering will be sought as reference to this position.
- An understanding and experience of engineering in a lean environment would be a distinct advantage
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written is essential for reporting purposes
- Experience and qualifications in mechanical and/or electrical engineering are a pre requisite
- A background and understanding of Continuous Improvement is desirable but training would be given
The position is full time, permanent and will be based at the manufacturing site in Farnley, Leeds and there may be occasional travel both within the UK and abroad when needed.
There is a competitive salary on offer and also attracts the state enrolment pension scheme. The basic working hours are 40hrs per week plus overtime (which will be expected in line with production demands).
Page Personnel Property & Construction