Property & Facilities Solutions Mobile Electrical and Maintenance Engi
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Royal Mail
We are now recruiting for a mobile Electrical and Maintenance Engineer - SW and W London postcode area
Job reference number 100818
Royal Mail Property & Facilities Solutions is responsible for upgrading and safely maintaining one of the largest corporate real estates and property portfolios in Europe, with over 2,600 sites.
We pride ourselves in working to the highest standards of both technical assurance and customer service. It's our job to support Royal Mail in being the best delivery company in the UK and that it is fit for delivering to 29 million addresses nationwide, six days a week.
Through our core delivery pillars of Real Estate & Value Generation, Property Programmes & Projects, and Workplace Services, Royal Mail Property & Facilities Solutions plays a key role in keeping the mail moving.
Royal Mail Property & Facilities Solutions employs 3000 employees and is owned by Royal Mail Group Ltd.
Salary - £34,945.12 per annum plus Inner London weighting of £4416.689 per annum and standby allowance
Royal Mail Property & Facilities Solutions are looking for a Multi Skilled Engineer to join our Facilities Maintenance Team working in the SW and W London postcode areas
37.5 hours per week Full time. Typical attendance will be 08:00am until 4pm Monday to Friday however, flexibility is essential.
The successful applicant will be required to join an out of hours callout rota covering a wider area.
We are looking to offer Permanent contracts
What does Excellence look like in this role?
In this role, the technician will be expected to have excellent technical knowledge of electrical systems, mechanical power and control wiring and test inspection of electrical installations. The Engineer will be expected to work on multiple FM systems with the majority of the work being electrical maintenance. The engineer will need a flexible approach to work and be willing to travel to different sites within a specified geographical area. A vehicle will be provided for required travel. The technician will have excellent communication skills and be able to discuss work and progress with customers and managers. They will also have excellent organisational skills.
Who will this role work with to achieve excellence?
The engineer will report directly into the Area Manager and will work with customers on site, other engineers and sub-contractors on a daily basis.
What needs to be done in this role to achieve this?
- Maintenance of electrical systems on numerous commercial sites
- Expert fault finding and providing advice and guidance to customers in relation to equipment such as roller shutter doors, dock levellers
- Experience of working on lifts
- Have an understanding of all basic plumbing such as replacing taps, sinks, cistern
filling / flush units and heating elements
- Supply knowledge in a range of technical situations, making personal judgments on how to undertake work to achieve quality, cost and time objectives
- A requirement to be a point of call for any issues / problems the team of engineers within the SW & West London area may be experiencing.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to other staff and customers in order to resolve problems.
- Manage the delivery of Corrective and Planned Maintenance to meet the performance measures detailed in the contract.
- Liaise with customers' representatives on a day to day basis to ensure customer requirements are fully met.
- Check and ensure all appropriate and approved paperwork is completed.
- Make personal judgments on how to undertake work to achieve cost, quality and contractual objectives
- Act as a role model for safety, setting an example to colleagues and customers
- Manage the relationship with the customer, and liaise with customers to ensure that the customer is fully informed and project a positive professional image of self and Royal Mail P&FS.
What technical knowledge, skills and experience is required?
- Successful applicants must hold an Electrical certification such as the 17th edition and be working toward 18th edition.
- The applicant must have full electrical qualification of City and Guilds 2382 & 2391 testing and inspection certification.
- The role holder must have planned maintenance experience of electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience in fault finding and diagnosis with the ability to provide advice and guidance to others across all systems where required.
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers, explaining technical issues.
- The ability to analyse and understand complex technical issues in relation to electrical systems
- Ideally you will be IPAF and MEWP trained and qualified, and be comfortable working at heights.
- Knowledge of lifts is required
- Experience of dealing with Customers in a commercial environment.
- Applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence (no endorsements preferable) as this vacancy will involve travel within a specified geographical area.
- Computer literacy skills is an advantage
What behaviours and personal competence is needed?
- Acts as a role model for safety, setting positive examples to peers
- Keeps customers informed on progress and outcomes
- Willing to share expertise and knowledge
- Committed to personal development
- Strives to deliver beyond expectations
- Remains calm under pressure
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
Facilities, Electrical, Engineer, Real Estate, Electrical Engineering, Operations, Engineering, Sales
Randstad Construction, Property and Engineering
Claremont Consulting Ltd
Fawkes & Reece