Project Manager - Subsidence
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Densell Recruitment
Regional Project Manager
Permanent role - homebased
£35-45k plus car or car allowance
North London / Midlands
We are looking for a Project Manager to oversee Subsidence claim reinstatement works for an insurance industry contractor. Working with (and overseeing) an established network of contractors carrying out insurance repairs to domestic properties following subsidence claims. You will also assist in developing this network to increase the contractors in the region.
The successful Project Manager will ideally be based somewhere between North London and Birmingham. This is a permanent home-based position with an excellent package including company car or car allowance.
Job role and responsibilities
The successful Project Manager will have direct responsibility for the following;
- Actively managing the relationship with the existing network of contractors & monitoring the insurance repair works they are carrying out
- Sourcing, vetting and selecting new contractors for the network
- Performance managing and holding regular review meetings
- Carrying out audits (contractor offices and on-site)
- Ensuring quality of works carried out by sub-contractors
- Project managing the repair work projects
- Keeping projects on track and liaising with the policyholder, contractors and insurance company throughout the process
- Ensuring SLA's and KPI's are within target
- Dealing with variations and supplier queries
- Producing reports and MI
- Holding regular regional meetings
What skills/experience will you need?
For this role, the Project Manager role will need to have the following skills/experience:
- Experience having worked for an insurance repairs contractor, claims management company or loss adjuster
- Experience in managing a network of contractors carrying out property repairs
- Solid repairs project management experience
- Subsidence knowledge / experience
- Excellent influencing and communication skills
- Performance management experience
- Commercial awareness and financial skills with the ability to analyse and interpret data
- Excellent customer service background and experience in dealing with complaints
- Solid maintenance/construction industry experience
- Ideally a relevant professional qualification (CIOB/RICS/CILA/CII) - not necessarily essential
- Good understanding of Health & Safety, Asbestos and CDM (regulation/legislation) etc.
- Confidence in reporting, auditing and holding review meetings
- Strong IT/PC skills including the ability to put PowerPoint presentations together
- Dispute resolution handling experience
In addition to the salary (£35k- £45k depending upon experience) you will receive a company car or car allowance and other company benefits.
You will be homebased but need to be prepared to travel across the region from North London to Birmingham - occasionally covering other areas.
We may not always be able to reply to every applicant due to the volume of CVs received so if you have not received a call within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. If you are an experienced Insurance Surveyor / Contracts Manager / Project Manager or Regional Contractor Manager living in another area, it may be worth you sending your CV anyway as we may have other roles that we could contact you about in the future.
By applying for the role, you will be sending us your personal data. Our Privacy Notice explains how we will use your personal data; this can be found on our website or you can request a copy.