Estates Project Manager - Essex
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by MMP Consultancy Limited
Estates Project Manager - Essex
My client is looking to hold interview the first week in January and CV's will ideally be sent to the client before Friday 21st December.
A leading co-educational independent provider in Essex with a relaxed estates development team and an estate, steeped in history and comprises many listed buildings, a conservation area as well as more modern buildings across a single 72 acre site.
We are looking for a commercially minded and capable individual to deal with all aspects of project management within the entire development process to include Brief Development, Programming, Procurement and Contract Administration as well as overseeing project delivery to a successful and timely completion.
To provide a professional project management service to the organisation for the management of capital, revenue and backlog maintenance projects and support the development and asset management of the campus while managing and delivering the construction and refurbishment projects and programs (small to medium works, refurbishments and alterations). You will be supporting the Estates Bursar in the management of architects, surveyors and other external consultants and contractors, ensuring CAD database drawings are kept current
Some key parts of this role include:
- Refurbishments, life cycle replacements as well as site inspections of larger works projects
- Ensuring compliance with planning and building regulations as well as educational best practice and guidelines
- Act as Deputy Estates Bursar with exposure to wider estates management within the role.
The successful candidate will bring
- Project management experience in building and refurbishment
- Experience in contract administration of alterations and refurbishment projects
- Experience or Interest in historic buildings / conservation
- Full driving license (for use of estates vehicles, buggies on site)
- Building related discipline, HNC/ HND and above
- Ideally a Health and safety qualification or working knowledge of Health and Safety practices
- Prince2 qualification or similar desirable but not essential
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a project management role with the ability to manage external contractors, prepare specifications for minor works and prepare /submit local authority planning applications
- Experience of working in or on education premises either direct or within a consultancy capacity
- Specification writing and delivery of project work.
- Experience with or the ability to learn use of Autocad
The annual salary is circa £40k per annum plus benefits Including, contributory pension scheme with 25 day annual leave (plus bank holidays), lunches, secure parking, Sports Leisure membership and more, in a professional, supportive team working environment.
If you have any queries or questions on the above or would like to review the job description, please feel free to call Sean on .
It is sometimes necessary to close vacancies before the closing date. If you have not heard from us within 1 week of the closing date, please assume that you have not been successful.
Success Recruit Ltd