Senior Project Manager
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Easy Web Recruitment
Our client is the UK's leading independent engineering, rail, IT and facilities services business with a deserved reputation for excellence. As a leader in its field, the company's engineering division focuses its efforts on truly understanding a customer's requirements and directly responding to these.
Position: Senior Project Manager
Location: Off-site, Bradford (Commutable from Leeds, Halifax, Keighley, Huddersfield and Harrogate)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
Control the overall operational delivery over a number of OSM projects, taking account of the technical, commercial and managerial requirements of the projects, ensuring that profitability is maintained through effective leadership, high quality customer service and management of relevant support functions allocated to the projects.
Interact with the production team to ensure expediting of factory through put.
- Provide the appropriate Health and Safety leadership to ensure that the safety first and foremost message is visible throughout all activities.
- Participate within bid activity; in conjunction with the Business Development department and in line with Focus Win processes; to ensure a professional, profitable, successful bid is conducted which provide agreed levels of turnover and profit for the projects.
- Provide leadership for the project delivery teams within the area of control on the projects in line with company standards and values
- Ensure that all operational activities are carried out in compliance with internal procedure and external legislation governing business operations.
- Provide input in the preparation of the business plans and budgets based on the initial contract parameters and objectives, supporting the senior management in the overall control for successful budgeting against agreed plans which maximises profit opportunities.
- Provide appropriate input to the OSM Ops Manager, to all monthly reviews in line with the business procedures to ensure that the senior management have full knowledge of the completion and financial status of the project.
- Manage the successful completion of the project / area under control in line with agreed quality and commercial plans to achieve targets within agreed timescales and cost constraints.
- Maintaining positive relationships with the project customer through efficient delivery of projects with a view to optimising future opportunities and profitability.
- Ensuring design and installation meets internal and client specifications and statutory requirements.
- Leadership experience.
- Desirable to have market and sector knowledge / experience.
- Degree Level Qualified.
- Commercially aware, excellent planning and effective pre-commencement skills.
You may have experience of the following: Project Manager, Project Management, Commercial Contracts, Budget Management, Risk Management, Technical Project Manager, Customer Relationship Management, Bid Management, etc.
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Global Recruitment Group
The Management Recruitment Group
UK Shared Business Services
London Stock Exchange Group
Yodel Delivery Network Limited
Yodel Delivery Network Limited