Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Cavendish Professionals
Our client is a civil engineering and groundworks contractor based in London, with a variety of projects nationwide. They operate across most areas of the construction industry, working across both the public and private sectors. Some of their main areas include: Railway Engineering, Roadworks and Bridges, Ground Works, and Urban Realm.
My client is currently looking for a Project Manager for a 1-year (approx.) contract.
Project due to start ASAP. This position will be based on a Railway project in Norwich.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Project manager will be involved in the day to day running of the job works which include ground works (Drainage, Ducting, Pad foundations) and RC works Concrete slabs/walls
- Responsible for the day to day management of the project.
- Communication and information flow
- Managing and coordinating manpower
- Ensuring the project runs to programme and budget.
- Implementing the Company Health & Safety Management Systems and Procedures and Quality Assurance Procedures including making safety inspections of the site when work is underway and ensuring regulations relating to health, safety and the environment (HSE) are adhered to.
- Ensuring all works are carried out safely, to a high standard.
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience working as a Site Manager or Project Manager on groundworks projects.
- Excellent safety record.
- Knowledge in groundworks and RC frame building practices, methods and techniques.
- Experience of Drainage, Ducting, Pad foundations and RC works Concrete slabs/walls
- Good communication and IT skills
- Initially 12 hour shifts to start (Monday -Friday) with some weekends - to be discussed
- Ideally from a sub-contractor background
- PTS experience advantageous, not essential.
If interested, please get in touch via contact details provided or click "Apply" to forward an up to date copy of your CV and ideally with a cover letter.
conrad consulting ltd
Cooper Lomaz Recruitment