Regional Service Engineer
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Axiom Personnel
Axiom Personnel are recruiting a regional service engineer on behalf of our client based in Hounslow. The working days are Monday - Friday.
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Installations and dismantle of hire units and associated equipment
- Visiting customer sites to repair faulty cabin equipment
- Quick and accurate diagnosis of fault
- Good spares inventory management
- Asking relevant questions to determine the precise fault / issue to complete the job first time.
- Liaising with customers / manager / peers / contractors to ensure site work is completed timely and efficiently
- Effective repair of hire units and its equipment which may require multi-trade skills capability
- Completing PDA / paperwork thoroughly and accurately
- Understand and comply with all relevant Company rules, agreements, policies, procedures and with all relevant legislative requirements and codes of practice.
- Act in a professional manner, ensure good working relationships are maintained and promote a good image of the Company at all times.
Job experience & skills requirements
- High level of drive, energy and initiative; entrepreneurial, proactive, focused, tenacious and committed, with high standards and achievement orientation
- Desire to lead, influence and coach others
- Good team player
- Strong work ethic; self starter; results orientated
- Good ability to plan and anticipate
- Good communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to work in an operational/functional matrix organisation
- must be methodical and organised, and work to high quality standards both as part of a team, and when working individually
- A blue skilled worker CSCS card holder would be highly advantageous
- Technical understanding of hire equipment preferred but not essential
- Good health and safety awareness
- Manual handling and working at height is preferable although training can be given
- Ideally basic/intermediate general construction/maintenance skills preferable but not essential
- Full driving license as travelling is essential throughout the region.
- Flexibility in working hours is required as may need to start earlier and finish later than normal on occasions.
Axiom Personnel is acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.