Assoc Developer, Sportswear Footwear
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by Nike
The first spark of a product idea sets the Nike, Inc. Footwear Product Creation team into motion. The team of footwear developers, testers, engineers and designers strive for product excellence. They obsess over shoes, while collaborating, ideating and refining the product's construction, fit and style. They use groundbreaking advancements in technology and sustainable design to accelerate innovation. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.
As our Associate Footwear Developer, you'll provide project and process within Footwear Product Development at an entry level. You will convert a project brief and a 2D design rendering into a 3D sample that meets the needs of the team and the consumer that can be successfully and profitably commercialized and produced. You'll manage project information and ensure its accuracy. You'll actively participate in meetings with product creation in all phases of the development process. You'll execute the decision making process that leads to on-time product confirmation and sample delivery by consistently reviewing and evaluating project status with the product creation team. You'll plan and execute the development according to critical dates and performance/profitability goals. You'll communicate project status and reports with category leadership. You'll manage sampling and prototyping across geographies and distribution of samples within the category. You'll create plans and organize resources to achieve project goals. In addition, you will work with the extended product creation team and other key functional groups and product creation entities as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Industrial Design, Engineering, or a related field
- 2 additional years' in lieu of a degree
- Minimum 1 year work experience, preferably in a product related position
- General understanding of the tools that support the footwear product creation process in the areas of upper patterns, bottom tooling and manufacturing
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and results orientation
- Strong curiosity for learning
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Strong connection to consumer and product
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time