Dir Syndication & Scaled Analytics Global Consumer
Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike's stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
We are looking for a leader to accelerate our Syndication and Scaled Analytics efforts focused on the Nike Member and Consumer. You'll be at the center of a huge range of data ranging from new, emerging in-store digital experiences to digital content and cutting-edge consumer experiences and you'll be responsible for illuminating key trends and KPI's for stakeholders across the enterprise.
You're someone who has a deep passion igniting business decisions and actions through data, for introducing new and meaningful visualization techniques, an eagerness to dig into the data, and a vision for how the technologies of business intelligence can impact one the world's most prestigious brands.
As the leader of this function you will help drive the adoption and application of consumer data through delivery of dashboards and self-service reporting solutions that empower business users beyond the analytics community. You will become an invaluable partner to your stakeholders by leading our Scaled Analytics practice and delivering comprehensive analyses to answer complex business questions and you'll work with our advanced analytics teams to help bring their solutions to life through scale and syndication. You will think broadly and creatively about the role of analytics at Nike and how data can be used to help the entire company and will participate in enterprise forums and steering committees to help set the direction for the future of business intelligence.
The ideal candidate excels in a cross-functional team environment and thrives in a fast-paced organization where there is an opportunity to make a positive impact. In this role, you'll work across multiple functions from platform and data engineering organizations to brand marketing and digital experience teams and can easily translate business requirements into technical specification and drive them through the product development lifecycle in close partnership with our Data Engineering organization and our team of BI/visualization experts.
Keys to success include:
- A deep background in managing global enterprise reporting functions and a strong understanding and curiosity of how consumer and business value is created at a company like Nike.
- This position requires a positive, enthusiastic team player with strong hands on BI experience, drive and creativity.
- Your knowledge, passion and experience help you prioritize and overcome blockers and guide the work of others on your extended team.
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and you are excited by the challenge of bringing complex massive data to light.
- You ask questions, are continually learning as well as finding opportunities to share knowledge with others.
- Your teams' success is your success, and you actively seek out opportunities to be a good partner across the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Marketing, Statistics or a related field.
- 8 - 10 years' of relevant professional experience with an emphasis on retail or digital commerce business reporting and analytics required.
- Expert in big data BI technology stack - including AWS, Snowflake, Athena, Tableau.
- High business acumen, with an affinity for business reporting, analysis, and working with business intelligence tools and large amounts of data.
- Strong history of analytical team leadership, communications and building collaborative business partner relationships.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal) and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, develop hypotheses, apply relevant techniques, and perform rigorous analyses quickly and consistently.
- Moderate SQL experience preferred. Experience with a statistical tool or package is a plus (such as R, Python, SPSS, SAS, etc.).
- Understanding of data architecture, data taxonomy, and both structured and unstructured data
- Strong project management capabilities to manage multiple project streams and complexity; propensity for thinking through projects in a process-oriented way required.