Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Fanatics, Inc.
Position Description - Fabric Manager - Nike Brands
Summary: This position collaborates with product development, Operations, Mills / Vendors to develop and source fabrics within designated hemisphere based on product development direction, supply chain strategies and overall business financial objectives.
It is also responsible for the tracking, follow-up metrics for fabric, maintaining complete and accurate records, providing technical fabric expertise to the brands.
In addition, works closely with product development to develop / explore new fabrics, while meeting time and seasonal action calendar requirements and dates. This involves translating conceptual needs into marketable fabrics that meet cost requirements. Utilizes technical expertise to realistically translate the design intent and aesthetic into clear, executable direction for the Fabric suppliers
Communicate development specifications to operations team, mills / vendor to balance quality and cost of fabrics by engineering the fabric to meet the design intent at an acceptable cost.
- Present seasonal fabric trend forecast and recommend new fabrications , processes, technologies, and finishes that would align with the Brand Strategy and pricing/quality objectives.
- Provides relevant local textile market information and intelligence through business networks, that yields accurate market data including, market trends, competitor activities, general market volume, and recent innovations or developments.
- Sources, evaluates and on boards new fabric mills based on the brand strategy, price/quality objectives, and new/innovative fabrics. Maintains a mill Matrix of the best performing suppliers.
- Partner with our sourcing colleagues on Fabric pre-positioning on Core programs.
- Negotiate, source and counter source where necessary those core fabrics that are required to support the garment sourcing strategy for Price , speed and flexibility.
- Develop and manage fabric sample and development tracking sheets from concept to adoption.
- Maintain fabric information specification sheets and quality Hangars for all locally sourced fabrics
- Build and maintain good relationships with the Key mills, and ensures smooth, efficient and effective communications with all cross functional partners, in all Fanatics offices.
- Reviews and assesses Fabric quality and Mill performances well as identifying key performance areas requiring quality and service improvement to ensure Bulk production meets Fanatics brand Quality.
- Bachelor's Degree, in a related field of Textile study, or equivalent functional experience
- 7-10 years' experience in the textile industry, preferably working on a fabric team and R& D
- Strong Background on Fabric Development Process, Dyeing (Colors) and Finishing Techniques
- High proficiency on yarns
- Strong background on knitted fabric characteristics (blends, count, weight, strength, warmth, wicking, etc) and costing
- Knowledge of an American retailer (and if possible sports industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe programs, Gerber, Web PDM, Excel and related software
- Able to establish and enforce control-related and procedures
- Able to travel (Domestically and internationally)
- Bilingual (Mandarin / English)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to partner cross functionally and effectively with design, merchandising, sourcing and overseas offices
- Good Negotiation skills
- Self- starter with the ability to take charge, in a hands-on management style.