Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by New Balance
As a paralegal at New Balance, you will provide the Legal Department with contract support. This role has a high level of independence and will be expected to routinely utilize keen judgment and problem solving in a dynamic team environment.
- Review, draft, and manage agreements, including marketing agreements, master service agreements with accompanying SOWs, independent contractor agreements, NDA's and standard form business agreements
- Assist patent attorneys with review of patent portfolios, updating when necessary
- Review and cross-check marketing materials
- Administer reports regarding critical dates, deadlines, and the status of open matters
- Maintain databases and organization of file documents
- Spearhead special projects in general support of Legal Department
- Bachelor's degree and/or paralegal certificate
- 2-4 years of relevant experience, preferably in a law firm or with patents
- Broad understanding of contract provisions (both legal and business terms)
- Familiarity with iManage
- Polished ability to communicate succinctly and professionally, both in writing and speech
- Should be highly proactive with extreme attention to detail
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks - opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs - that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You'll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword - it's part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.