Global Sourcing Lead
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by Columbia Sportswear
- Create and manage the seasonal GTM calendar for sourcing with consideration and alignment to cross-functional calendar dates and timelines.
- Assist in building the long-range source strategy and oversee the seasonal source plan execution with adherence to deadlines and alignment to the strategy and factory capacity and capabilities.
- Determine new source opportunities thru understanding of current and future global apparel trends, trade regulations, and company direction.
- Lead the securing of vendor seasonal development and production capacity and ensure issues are monitored and resolved throughout the season.
- Partner with the Apparel Costing team to drive profitability and margin metrics for the Columbia Sportswear Company Brand and Regions.
- Develop strong and stable partnerships with our suppliers and directly influence performance improvement in collaboration with our Liaison Offices.
- Explore ways to create leverage for the Columbia Sportswear brands and ensure alignment of apparel and material sourcing strategies.
- Lead and influence cross-functional projects that positively impact Sourcing, Costing, production flow, and other manufacturing related areas.
- Direct the creation and maintenance of tools that support reporting and analytical needs that drive key source decisions.
- Mentor, share knowledge, and train others both inside and outside the department.
- Bachelor's degree in business, apparel/textiles, manufacturing, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years experience of director or related garment manufacturing experience to include sourcing, costing, development and production
- Strong working knowledge of materials and functional aspects of garments as well as global trade agreements and regulations
- Ability to work well with individuals of different countries and cultures while conducting complex business operations, managing interpersonal interactions and developing personal and professional relationships within and outside the company.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Excel, Pivot Tables, BI, and Access preferred
- Position requires travel internationally, approximately 25% of time
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age