Sr Designer, Style Guide
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what's next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
Are you a senior designer with a passion for photography and art direction? Do you want to be at the nexus of sport and culture? Do you have a love of storytelling through photography, video and digital media?
If the answer is yes, Nike is seeking strong visual creative talent to help drive our digitally focused marketing and communication experiences. We are looking for candidates with extensive experience in photography art direction and design who will bring fresh ideas and creativity to emotionally engage Nike's consumers and community members across all our digital and physical channels.
As a Sr. Designer (Photo Art Direction), you are a leader in your studio. You will run seasonal large-scale photo shoots working in collaboration with marketing, creative leaders, fellow designers, art directors producers, writers and agency partners. You will be able to concept and and execute ideas across all channels such as social, Nike Apps, nike.com and physical retail spaces. You will bring exceptional creative vision and mentor and manage other designers on your projects. This is an exciting time to be in Nike Brand Design as we are revolutionizing how we work, how we grow and develop talent and how we communicate with our consumers and members.
- Partner with marketing and other stakeholders to develop and sharpen briefs and lead collaborative idea generation with cross-functional teams
- Translate briefs and marketing plans into creative concepts that are clearly articulated in mood boards, prototypes and comps then develop presentations and storytelling vehicles to socialize and gain buy-in on your ideas
- Lead large and complex photo shoots, establish direction and manage fellow designers through the production
- Produce cutting edge creative work, and harness a master-level understanding of photography and art direction
- Work with confidence on-set being able to direct photographers, stylists, talent and athletes making sure to capture all content required.
- Present concepts to marketing teams & stakeholders, sr. leaders and to various internal and external audiences with confidence
- Learn new skills and stay abreast of technical and digital design developments and successfully apply these to work practices
- Share knowledge, experience and skill with other design staff; work with design counterparts to ensure continuity across initiatives, categories, and projects
- Strong background in photography and video art direction from concept through to on-set direction through post production
- On the pulse of trends in fashion, photography, sport, and culture.
- Ability to present and sell-in creative concepts and execution ideas with senior leaders and internal and external stakeholders
- Strong planning, time management and logistical skills and the ability to work closely with large production teams.
- Understanding of interactive creative, usability, interaction design and social media platforms.
- Ability to tell engaging product and brand stories through the use of photography and video.
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead teams.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in design; communication design, advertising design or interaction design
- Experience in leading multi-day photo and video shoots
- Work confidently in a large production team environment
- 8+ years' directly relevant work experience
- Proficiency in Mac OSX, Adobe CS, Keynote, Microsoft Office and Acrobat
- Travel 20% of the time