Associate Apparel Designer
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by New Balance
As an Associate Apparel Designer, you will support the design team with the design and development of seasonal women's performance value collections. You will be responsible for researching women's active trends, ideation of new concepts, and meeting key project deadlines.
- Produce design concepts in conjunction with senior/lead designers to support category design objectives.
- Participate in researching and developing seasonal trends.
- Evaluate color and design combinations to improve aesthetics.
- Attend cross-functional team meetings to gain a better understanding of product design, development, and the manufacturing process.
- Assist in preparing for design reviews and other large scale meetings.
- Aid in the creation and maintenance of cads (merch boards).
- Assist in tech pack process including creation of technical sketches and filling out bill of material colorways across categories as needed.
- Attend fittings and takes notes, responsible for making technical sketch updates
- Opportunity for independent creative projects and design workload under mentorship of manager.
- Participate in creative vision off sites and other design kick off events.
- Bachelor's degree in Apparel Design and/or Fashion Design
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Basic understanding of garment construction
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, & MS Office
- 2D-3D drawing by hand or computer & ability to visualize is essential.
- Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks - opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs - that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You'll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword - it's part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.