Posted on Dec 19, 2018 by Backcountry.com
The Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis role reports to the Senior Director of Financial Planning and Analysis and is responsible for supporting all financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, and analysis for one or more brands. This role collaborates closely with site general managers and cross-functional leaders to support site initiative and strategy planning, budgeting and forecasting, and financial analysis.
About the Job:
- Acts as the primary finance partner for the operations of one or more of our brands, working closely with brands' General Managers to advance strategy, develop budgets and guardrails, and drive operations
- Applies finance and analytics skill set to solve business problems by developing actionable recommendations and supporting execution
- Supports Backcountry Group's annual planning process, including developing key assumptions, working cross functionally with business partners to align financial targets with operational initiatives
- Develops analysis and insights for monthly results and Board of Director presentations
- Reviews and analyzes financial and business operating reports conducting variance analysis and making recommendations to improve results
- Supports the Backcountry Group's ongoing forecast process outlining potential risks, and opportunities and proactively making recommendations
- Works with the FP&A and BI teams to automate, refine and enhance financial reporting and KPIs to ensure clear, consistent and impactful reporting
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience is required. MBA, MAcc, CPA or CFA preferred
- 4+ years of professional experience
- Demonstrates working knowledge of financial concepts and principles and relevant business metrics and analyses
- Possesses strong analytical skills with the ability to draw concise conclusions from complex and detailed data, and strong presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively across the organization up to Sr Management
- Stays current on retail industry trends & developments; stay current with the latest analytics trends & developments. Discuss trends with FP&A team members and make recommendations as appropriate
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint), advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills are a must, familiarity with Adaptive Planning is a plus
- Must be an analytical, strategic thinker with the ability to effectively collaborate with multiple business units
- Must be able to work cross-functionally, providing financial expertise as a service to different departments
- Experience in financial modeling
- Advanced understanding of financial concepts
- Advanced understanding of Accounting implications, including GAAP and interrelationship of financial statements
- Able to manage multiple high pressure competing deadlines, while delivering high quality work
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores-Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap-aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life's greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.