Workplace Design And Connectivity Grad Internship
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Nike
With aggressive long-term growth targets, Nike Inc.'s success hinges on new product innovations, operational excellence and fostering a workplace that can unleash the creativity and potential of all employees. To help achieve these goals, Nike's Design and Construction Team (D+C) as a center of excellence within the Workplace Design and Connectivity (WD+C) function, is leading the transformation of branded experiences and built environments informed by real estate opportunities, physical place making and integrated services.
The WD+C team will leverage systems, design thinking, and key partnerships across the Nike matrix and the industry to bring Nike to the forefront of new ways of working. WD+C will serve as an enterprise catalyst under the COO, helping to drive change, strengthen its global operations and accelerate progress toward Nike's strategic objectives.
Given Nike's rapid growth, D+C aspires to meet the challenge of the increased demand to empower employees and improve performance through elevated spaces, services and infrastructure globally. There is a pressing need to challenge assumptions, innovate new solutions and elevate design excellence across the WD+C organization, and the portfolio of Nike Facilities worldwide.
Always listen to the voice of the athlete. It is the mind-set that made Nike a leading sports company. Understanding the consumers we serve, helps us deliver the best possible products and services. This consumer-focused mind-set is as relevant for workplace design as it is for our core business. The WD+C design research team uncovers relevant patterns in data collected through quantitative research and explores the deeper meaning of these patterns through qualitative studies. These studies serve a double purpose: a researcher is not only collecting information, but is also an important ambassador for WD+C to build a relationship with the internal consumer: the employee. The research team works together with strategic partners to deliver these activities in a personal way, at scale.
Research team-members lead the execution of research activities on dedicated projects where a workplace transformation is planned (pre-move) or where an evaluation of an implemented transformation is required (post-move). Additionally, they develop a standard for the tools and processes that are applied to the (global) portfolio of projects. Finally, they lead assigned targeted studies to support the innovation of products and services by the WD+C organization.
- Support project leads for pre- and post-move research studies especially with analysis
- Contribute to quarterly portfolio insights modules and preparation
- Lead a targeted study initiative at World Headquarters in Beaverton, OR
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills
- Strong visual storytelling skills: Proficiency with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator, video creation experience is ideal
- Demonstrated ability to lead a project and manage the budget and timeline
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and also pull in collaborators for key touch-points
- B.A. in Anthropology or Sociology (or experience with ethnography) and professional experience in the design industry preferred
- Must be currently enrolled in your 1st year of a Master's Program with expected graduation date of Winter 2019 or Spring 2020.