Product Development Engineer
Posted on Dec 17, 2018 by Contractair Ltd
As a PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER you will be reporting into Engineering Management, the position holds technical responsibility for the design and development of dynamic output electro-mechanical devices from conceptual prototyping to TRL 6 (Technology Readiness Level). You will be an expert in the field of vibration measurement and analysis and have a great understanding of piezoelectric materials and their application in measurement sensors. Lean and novel approaches to development will enable the individual to lead a fast route through complexity and uncertainty in the early stages of innovation.
- To have a creative, innovative approach to product development challenges, particularly through the pre-NPI levels of innovation projects
- Experience in Requirements Capture; Ideation; Product Definition; Design; Problem Solving; V+V
- To provide technical lead in internal and customer meetings
- Perform innovation and product development activities in accordance with client processes and procedures
- Good knowledge of aerospace engine component design constraints
- Analyse project requests, proposals or engineering data to determine feasibility, producibility, cost and development time of aerospace products
- To formulate mathematical models or other methods of computer analysis to develop, evaluate, or modify design according to the requirements
- Hold a degree in an electro-mechanical related subject
- High level understanding of piezoelectric accelerometer design
- Excellent understanding of piezoelectric application engineering
- Expert in engineering vibration analysis
- Analysing data or information - identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts
- Have proven experience of technical leadership, preferably within aerospace on 2 or more recent projects
If you are interested in this job opportunity and are either based near Heathrow or are willing to relocate then please contact Alison Bartlett for an initial, confidential discussion.
A little about us…
Resource Group is a recognised global leader and trusted provider of resourcing and recruitment services with operations worldwide. We pride ourselves with a progressive and supportive team culture across the company that is cultivated by our experienced aviation personnel. Supporting our clients to deliver bespoke training solutions, as well as both temporary and permanent staff, always providing "Expert Solutions, Adding Value".
Russell Taylor Associates