Embedded Software Engineer
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Anonymous
About Our Client - Our client is a rapidly scaling company, providing world leading expertise in RF, micro and millimetre-wave technology. They have offices in Ireland, UK, Hong Kong and a fabrication facility in China. Their core focus is in W, K/Ka and E bands, where they are building fully integrated RF front ends. They design and manufacture MMICs, modules and antennas for these bands and provide fully integrated systems for vision and radar applications.
• Design, develop, verify and maintain embedded software for cutting-edge communications and high-resolution radar systems.
• Test embedded hardware and firmware as well as perform test driven development where applicable.
• Work closely with hardware engineers in project specification, development and validation.
• Incorporate builds into continuous integration where applicable.
Essential Criteria -
• Degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
• 2+ years' embedded programming experience.
• Experience in embedded C/C++ programming.
• Knowledge of RTOS, embedded Linux, ARM or other 16-bit/32-bit MCUs.
• Experience with reading and understanding schematics.
• System testing and debugging using JTAG, Serial Wire Debug (SWD).
• Experience with communication protocols such as TCP IP/SPI/I2C/UART/USB/CAN.
• Strong software development skills including design, implementation, testing, documentation, and debugging.
• Strong development best practices including design/code reviews, testing/regression, 'Git' version control and user documentation.
• Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
• Passionate about finding and fixing problems.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• The individual must be well organized, and detail-oriented. A self-starter who is capable of identifying problems, taking initiative to propose solutions, and successfully executing plans.
We look forward to receiving your applications - EH20 Group