Head of Engineering with an Aero Specialism
Posted on Dec 17, 2018 by Farnborough College of Technology
Farnborough College of Technology is looking for a talented individual, passionate about training and inspiring the next generation of engineers in aviation. This is an important industry in Farnborough and the local area, and the College is committed to working with employers to prepare the next generation of skilled & expert engineers needed by the sector. We are transforming our Automotive and Aeronautical Academy to produce high calibre graduates with expertise in robotics, autonomous systems, advanced materials and manufacturing, avionics and other higher value-added technologies. The successful candidate will therefore lead on evolving the College's aeronautical offer (aerospace & aviation) to be an outstanding learner and employer-centric provision.
- Proven and outstanding management/supervision track record, strong experience working with new and emerging technologies in advanced manufacturing
- Up to date experience, knowledge and good understanding of different types of advanced manufacturing and materials, design software and production / manufacturing / design / maintenance processes
- Experience with continuous improvement methodologies in industry and or education
- Project management of projects from inception to completion
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualifications
- Teaching/training experience required as well as a commitment to continuous professional development and an ambition to shape engineering employees of the future.
FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Management responsibility for a team of lecturers and 200 students on further education, apprenticeships/work based learning and higher education programmes
- Ensure the necessary staffing, equipment & work environment are ready for the start of each term
- Work closely with other Programme Managers, to identify and offer common programmes/modules which meet existing and emerging employer needs and improve learners' employability
- Support the College in developing an employer-centric provision with a Product Design Centre and other simulation centres / zones for Inquiry and Project-Based learning
- You will be a key contact for external stakeholders, interpreting and communicating customer requirements to internal stakeholders
- Competitive Salary
- Teachers' Pension Scheme (16.48% employer contribution)
- 37 days holidays plus bank holidays
Where we have a high volume of applicants we reserve the right to end this vacancy before the published closing date, so early application is advisable.