Learning Engagement Specialist
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by milton keynes college
HMP Bullingdon's education department have an exciting new opportunity for a Learning Engagement Specialist to join their Milton Keynes College Offender Learning team.
As a Learning Engagement Specialist you will provide administrative and learner support to the Education Manager and team while offering pastoral care and support through (re) engagement with education, advice and direction for learners and manage a team of excellent prison education champions.
The ideal candidate will have excellent IT skills and experience of supporting students / delivering training. You will be an enthusiastic, creative person who can support our learners through their engagement to education.
Location: HMP Bullingdon, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX25 1PZ
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £18,015 - £25,706 per annum
Closing date: 17th December 2018
Milton Keynes College Rewards:
- 25 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays
- Amazing discounts with NUS card or Blue Light Card , ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Tax free childcare scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more…
About HMP Bullingdon:
Bullingdon Community Prison is situated near the village of Arncott in Bicester, Oxon. HMP Bullingdon is a complex prison that has a number of functions. It is categorized as a local category B prison which a category C resettlement function. HMP Bullingdon has the capacity to hold 1114 offenders all serving a range of sentences from remand to life, with the average length of stay between 3 and 6 months.
The College works closely with our prison colleagues to deliver short to medium courses that help prepare learners for employment upon release. Courses include: English and Maths Functional Skills (Entry 2 to Level 2), ICT, Cookery, Hospitality, Business, Self-Employment, Painting & Decorating, Horticulture, Paving, Mentoring and Barbering.
In the department we believe the opportunity to gain skills and knowledge will help our learners to end their offending behaviour. We engage the hardest to reach learners and encourage them to take pride in their own education and self-development. As a department, we endeavour to inspire learners to achieve and for some, attain their first significant qualifications.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Good basic general education including GCSE (or) equivalent) in Maths and English at Grade C or above.
- Proven experience of presenting to groups.
- Good IT skills with experience of word processing, spread sheets, databases, email and internet systems.
- Accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- Sensitive to the complexities of prisons or closed institutions and have the ability to work positively within the inherent restraints.
- A willingness and ability to assume responsibility and to see through detailed tasks.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Commitment to students and students' success.
- Able to motivate self and others.
- Have thinking ability: able to plan, communicate and problem solve effectively.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
More about the College:
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3, - 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 28 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
Milton Keynes College is a committed safer recruitment employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions, therefore, undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.
milton keynes college
Michael Page Human Resources
Michael Page Human Resources
Michael Page HR