Oracle Escalation & Release Engineer
Posted on Jul 24, 2022 by Enterprise Digital Resources
Our client is transforming itself to meet changing customer expectations and be competitive in a rapidly changing industry. We have ambitious goals to grow our digital B2B direct sales business.
Your role as an Escalation & Release Engineer
The role of the Escalation and Release Engineer is to support the Oracle Product Manager in delivering predefined Release upgrades and flexible Product fixes for the suite of SaaS Cloud solutions supported by the Centre of Excellence Service Team. You will be responsible for supporting the Release life cycle, owning the Communication plan, and be part of Escalation and Environment
You will manage 3rd party Product Suppliers ticket escalation, and report on Product enhancements and bug fixes at the very beginning of every Release cycle to identify areas for impact analysis and testing. You will ensure the right prioritization and action is taken by 3rd party Product Suppliers for flexible cumulative bundles delivery with minimum service disturbance, regularly reporting on Suppliers performance and proactively improving Escalation process.
You will organize and participate in reference calls with other Oracle SaaS Cloud Customer as well as be proactively involved in Cloud Customer Connect, User Groups and Oracle CAB communities.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Support creation and management of Release Communication plan, outlining expected timelines and activities
- Identify Product Suppliers Service Requests for L1 and L2 escalation as appropriate and support escalation through to resolution
- Create and prepare relevant reports in line with IT management and stakeholder requirements
- Own Change and Release Calendar and align it with other Centre of Excellence Service Teams for timely schedules of: Environment P2T clones/New Releases and flexible Product fixes applications/Automated and other Testing runs.
- Participate in among others: service review meetings with Product Suppliers, covering performance, product improvements, quality, and processes to enable continual service improvement. But also join reference calls with other Oracle SaaS Cloud Customers and investigate new product capabilities