SAP Basis HANA Architect
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking an SAP Infrastructure Architect with strong Basis experience. Candidate will evaluate, design, deploy and support SAP solutions, databases, analytics and related tools. Candidate will be responsible for establishing and promoting technology standards as well as implementation, upgrades and management of software and related infrastructure. Candidate will be the technology subject matter expert for SAP and HANA solutions and coordinate related activities with various technology, application and operation teams.
- Maintain a Project Road-map for the specific vertical in support of business change projects
- Promote and follow prescribed project management guidelines for projects
- Maintain documentation of operational support processes for the systems supported by specific team; automate repetitive processes wherever possible
- Define and develop sustainable, relevant metrics that demonstrate system availability, transaction/work throughput, business benefits achieved, and/or quality improvement
- Stay current with new technologies and techniques as appropriate
- Contribute to Team success
- Development of a Center of Excellence in SAP, Database & Application Infrastructure Technologies leveraging both direct and in-direct resources that will be leveraged by Company for rapid acquisition integration
- Promote and support individual team member development through participating in coaching, counseling and mentoring activities.
- Acknowledge and resolve user and system-generated production issues (Incidents) for assigned applications within established SLOs
- Ensure utilization of resources, effective time management practices and appropriate escalations.
- Implement appropriate level of monitoring and automation for proactive support. Play second and third level of support role for related incidents
- Conduct capacity and operational planning of related software, Middleware and databases.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field or the equivalent work experience
- 10 or more years of related work experience including solid exposure to enterprise architecture. SAP Basis experience is required.
- Expert level knowledge of SAP technologies and related tools and systems development methods
- Broad experience supporting software applications and infrastructure, with heavy emphasis on:
- SAP software modules and deep understanding of Basis technologies
- Process integration (PI), Java administration, SSO, Software Upgrade Manager (SUM), Solution Manager, Fiori and BOBJ BI Platform.
- Database and Middleware infrastructure experience including HANA implementation
- Workload automation, quality assurance and operational sustainability
- Complying with Company security, promoting standards and leveraging appropriate methods
- Key business applications include SAP ECC, BW On HANA, BOBJ, PI, JDA supply Chain modules and growing number of purpose specific software hosted on various databases.
- Familiarity with integration and ETL technologies for designing and supporting interface architecture.
- Experience in managing and leading virtual, cross-functional teams including requirements definition, design documentation, project plans and solution delivery
- Demonstrated, strong understanding of IT architecture/engineering, system sustainability, system development life cycle and structured analytical/diagnostic skills
- Thorough knowledge of SAP software, HANA database as well as working experience of Oracle and SQL Server as well as related tools and technologies
- Strong familiarity of Hardware options and OS environment - Unix, Linux, VMware and Windows
- Familiarity with Middleware, integration and web technologies. Working with SAP technologies, Java Application Servers and Web Technologies
- Common Scripting languages in Windows, Unix and Linux environment