Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by William Sinclair
Specific responsibilities include:
- Internal Communications
- Responsible for the strategic planning and execution of internal communications programs to inform and engage BIC employees in all Europe/APAC locations in a timely manner.
- Partners with the global communications team and Europe/APAC-based HR team members to implement major internal initiatives and engagement activities such as employee town hall meetings, People Promise content development, internal announcements, department reorganization communications, and other sensitive topics.
- Reviews, edits and approves employee announcements.
- Advises regional business leaders on communications strategies and approaches.
- Drafts speeches and records vides for Europe/APAC Consumer Products and Category leaders for internal announcements and events.
- Maintains the Europe/APAC channels on intranet and internal social media, and supplies content for global social media channels.
- Leads quarterly corporate communications initiatives, such as managing content creation and coordination for all-employee communications meetings and writing/editing the BIC Connection newsletter. Manage communications related to larger employee events and celebrations.
- Corporate Public Relations
- In alignment with global strategies, plans and executes public relations programs to promote BIC, its products and its people, through national, trade and local media and social media.
- Collaborate with global team to identify opportunities for media outreach, social media content and media response.
- Create content for corporate digital and social media channels to promote Europe/APAC stories and employees and maintain Europe/APAC BICWorld pages.
- As directed, act as an official spokesperson for the company with local and regional media, represents BIC with community partners.
- Support marketing teams in Europe/APAC by reviewing and advising on public relations programs and opportunities.
- Responding to media and blogger inquiries. Prepare spokespeople for interviews, drafting messages and Q&A. Monitoring news.
- Community Relations
- In partnership with regional leadership, as required, oversee BIC's Europe/APAC community relations and corporate sponsorships programs, represent BIC at community events, maintain relationships with community partners in Connecticut.
- Help lead regional implementation of global education and BIC Citizens in Action programs.
- Reputation Management/Issues & Crisis Communications
- Support global team with reputation management by implementing a process to anticipate, identify and mitigate risks to BIC's reputation in Europe/APAC, and helping to develop effective issues management and crisis communications plans.
- Advise Europe/APAC senior management about reputational risks.
- Review marketing content to assess alignment with BIC values and minimize and prepare for potential risks to the corporate reputation. Includes marketing social media content, ads, and website content, lighter sleeve designs, etc.
· Bachelor degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or a related field required
· 8+ years of experience within public relations, employee communications or corporate communications at an agency or in-house (both is preferred). Experience managing a team.
· Experience in fast-moving industry within a heavily matrixed organization.
· Journalism, consumer goods and working with an international team is a bonus.
· Managed key corporate communications and community service programs
· Developed content, including graphics, fact sheets, ads, videos and photos for use in internal and external digital and social channels
· Experience in social media and comfort using digital collaboration tools.
Special Training or Competence:
· Bilingual in French and English.
· Formal training and extensive experience in public relations, employee communications and advising executives in communications and reputation management.
· Strong management and strategic planning and goal setting
· Ability to show visual communications and writing samples across a variety of communications channels
· Excellent visual, oral and written communication skills required
· Strong writer and editor. Creative visual storyteller. Inquisitive. Creativity, critical thinking, ability and confidence to advise senior managers and problem solve, to shape communications strategies and plans. Media and presentation training a plus.