IT Infrastructure Project Manager
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Request Technology - Anthony Honquest
IT Infrastructure Project Manager
At Company we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career and make a positive impact? Then we have an opportunity for you! We are searching for an IT Infrastructure Project Manager to join our team located at our headquarters.
As an IT Infrastructure Project Manager, you will manage IT infrastructure projects and be responsible for identifying, defining, and implementing standard repeatable processes or utilizing new capabilities within current tools. The IT Infrastructure Project Manager will:
- Create, monitor, and update detailed project plans. Help establish integrated work plans across business units and assists with the staffing for each phase of project, including recruitment/assignment of resource to task.
- Provide management and strategic direction to a project team and be responsible for the project development, budget and schedule.
- Establish goals, negotiates project commitments and develops project plans.
- Gather requirements, analysing, designing, documenting and formalizing IT PPM processes including the user training, implementation and support of new processes.
- Lead and facilitate discussions with key stakeholders, within and outside of the organization as needed, to assist in the development of new business opportunities.
- Contribute to the broader organization PMO governance, process and standards development, documentation, training and enterprise adherence of project standards.
- Serve as back-up for operational aspects of PMO office when needed: Maintain user set-up and access rights and overall customer support.
- Serve as back-up facilitator for PMO meetings such as the Intake meeting and the resource planning meeting.
Ultimately, you will be a vital team member and will facilitate innovative solutions as well as advocate continuous improvement efforts in support of delivering technology projects on-time and on-budget.
You will love it here if
- You can successfully juggle multiple tasks at once
- You pay great attention to details
- You are a strong leader and a great team-player
- You are a creative problem-solver
We need you to have:
- Knowledge of PMBOK and project management methodologies (SDLC, Agile).
- Experience with Project Tracking tools, ie, Innotas, Planview, Daptiv, MsProject.
- Strong competency using MS Office tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and Visio.
- Ability to manage multiple cross-functional enterprise wide projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer focus with experience working with business clients and ability to establish and maintain effective business partnership.
- Thorough understanding of databases such as Oracle, Sybase, and/or MS SQL
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field OR equivalent experience
- 6+ years of mid-to large- scale hands-on project management experience
- Hands-on project management experience including project development, assessment of risk, and effectively tracking actions and issues
- Excellent capabilities in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Microsoft Project
Icing on the cake:
- Certification from the Project Management Institute such as PMP or PgMP
- Prior experience working in IT
- Experience using a PPM tool
Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Request Technology - Anthony Honquest
Request Technology - Craig Johnson