Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by REED.CO.UK
Are you a member of the bored? Are you ready to take control of your career?
reed.co.uk is the UK's biggest source of unique job content and attracts millions of jobseekers everyday. We are looking for a Commercial Analyst who is ready to take on the challenge of helping to shape the future of our commercial strategy through market and business intelligence and customer insight.
The role will ensure the newly formed Commercial Planning Team is able to execute its responsibilities in helping the organisation achieve its strategic goals. In particular, the Commercial Analyst will gather information from across internal and external sources to enable a data driven approach to decision making.
Working on a number of exciting projects you will work with Co-Members across the business to bring together insights and data in areas such as product, marketing and finance. You will make use of Salesforce, Looker and numerous other platforms to drive business and customer insight and intelligence. The role will be varied and will require you to have a real enthusiasm for finding the right data to answer business questions.
You will have a passion for understanding market data and trends, numbers and customer insight and be instrumental in providing the business with intelligence and expert recommendations on which to form key business decisions and help us deliver an effective strategy.
If you're interested in providing data and analysis at the heart of business decisions then this is the role for you.
What you'll do
- Assist in creation of go to market strategy and business case for new products, regions and sectors including marketing and people investment
- Collect and analyse data on market size, share, and other data from a range of internal and external sources to support organisational situational awareness, identify strategic opportunities and assist the Head of Planning and Propositions in developing strategies to manage them
- Research and report on market conditions to assist with region and sector and recommendations
- Work with Co-Members in other functions to gather business data on revenue, product performance and customer satisfaction to support Board recommendations
- Produce as-needed thematic research and analysis on behalf of the Head of Planning and Propositions; analyse and interpret results, drawing inferences and making recommendations when required
- Provide data and analysis for market validation and value proposition for new products
What you'll need
- 1- 2 years experience in a commercial analytical role
- Ability to think strategically and work cross-functionally in a professional environment, including knowledge and experience in the production of strategic analysis
- The ability to problem solve and analyse large quantities of data and/or information
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving and organization skills
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, as well as experience in other Office applications
- Degree educated with a minimum 2:1 in Economics, Finance, or other numerical discipline
- Ability to meet deadlines by mitigating risks, managing multiple projects simultaneously and prioritising as appropriate
- High level of motivation, flexibility, and conscientiousness with the ability to work in a constantly changing environment
What you'll get
- Flexible working environment
- 2 week induction training at our head office in London
- Ongoing training
- Tailored talent plans for career progression
- up to 30 days annual holidays exclusive of bank holidays (25 days standard, option to buy or sell 5 days)
- Love Mondays campaigns - ask us more!
- Pension scheme w/ personal accident cover and critical illness
- Social events throughout the year
- Paid courses of your choice funding up to £500
- Travel season ticket loans
- Discounts on gym memberships and health products
- Discount savings at hundreds of retailers
- Move home holiday allowance
The role is right if you want to work hard and develop your career in a rewarding, challenging, fun environment.
This role isn't right for you if you don't want to move your career forward or are more of a Sunday person.
So if you want to work for the UK's biggest recruitment brand and you're ready to Love Mondays, get in touch today.