Head of Project Management Office
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Foxwell Associates
I am currently working with an NHS Trust in the South West that are looking for an interim Head of PMO. The key objectives for the new PMO Lead will be to develop the project management office and improvement team, to develop the organisational capability to manage complex change programmes to support the strategic plans and single operating model, and to align all change activities across local programme offices to support the Trust's financial and performance plans.
In addition to development of Trust processes, you will be required to drive the daily, weekly and monthly rhythm of the PMO and Directorate meetings. You will also be expected to be able to provide a balance between challenge and support to Directorates.
Operational and strategic leadership
- Provide challenge and critique of CIP delivery plans and QIAs to assure that all plans are fit for purpose and deliverable and that any quality impacts are known and signed off.
- Management of issues and risks.
- Leadership and effective management of the PMO team
- Production of regular reports and briefings for Directors, the Trust Board and NHSI.
- Establishment of good working relationships with Directors, General Managers, Clinicians and external parties.
- Develop sustainable plans to transition programmes of work to business as usual
- Keep up to date with policy, legislation, guidance and professional practice.
- Use benchmarking tools and data to inform decision making.
- Work closely with heads of finance and finance business partners from all clinical Directorates and corporate areas.
- Present financial information on a regular basis to various groups in order to represent the progress of the Trust.
- Comply with Trust Standing Financial Instructions.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day leadership of the PMO.
- Develop the PMO team and the individuals within the team.
- Line management to two PMO managers and one PMO analyst/support role.
- Ensure that the PMO team and individual team members meet their agreed objectives.
If you have up to date experience of working as a Head of PMO in an Acute Trust then please do not hesitate to contact me.