Internal Communications Officer in Oxford
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by E Personnel Recruitment Ltd
A fantastic opportunity for a personable and creative Internal Communications Officer to join and well-established and influential organisation in Oxford.
This is a 6-month contract.
Full-time role, 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Pay rate: £18 - £21 ph PAYE
Ideally the Internal Communications Officer would have the following:
- Degree in a relevant professional qualification or two years relevant experience
- Three years' experience of developing internal communications across a complex, diverse organisation
- Experience of working in a fast-paced communications environment
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with competing priorities
- Experience of delivering projects on time and an ability to prioritise
- An ability to network and maintain positive working relationships
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex information and communicate key issues from these
- A clear and concise writing
- Ability to use design and film editing software (desirable)
- Ability to work to an agreed autonomous level of practice
- Flexibility and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience dealing with a varied workload, progressing a number of projects concurrently through effective prioritisation
- Support the implementation of the internal communications plan and provide effective communication of corporate information to staff aligned to organisational priorities
- Develop, evolve and maintain a variety of communications channels to support the delivery of the organisation's priorities
- Advise and support internal communication plans (where appropriate) to support organisational projects
- Lead on allocated internal campaigns aligned to the internal communications plan
- To manage and lead on the council's annual staff conference
- Work with colleagues at all levels of the organisation to ensure appropriate and timely messages are shared with staff in the most effective and timely way
- Draft key messages, write and edit copy and create content for a wide range of communications (e.g. film, newsletters, posters, intranet headlines).
- Draft key messages and communications for specific target audiences
- Liaise with the Communications and Media team to ensure internal and external messages are aligned
- Meet challenging targets, deadlines and standards of performance as agreed with line manager
- Represent Internal Communications at cross-directorate meetings.
- Build a culture where two-way internal communication is seen as fundamental and integral to the success of the organisation and its staff.
- Continually monitor and evaluate the success of internal communications.
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. E-Personnel Recruitment endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.
Apply in the strictest of confidence to E-Personnel Recruitment, specialists in Permanent & Temporary Recruitment and a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) which is the professional body for the recruitment industry.
In the meantime, please continue to search for similar vacancies on our website: .
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.