Principal Planning Officer
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Pertemps Harrow Council Commercial
Location: Harrow, HA1 2XY
Employer: Pertemps Recruitment for Harrow Council
Contract Type: Temp / Full time
A fantastic opportunity within Harrow Council for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join us as a Principal Planning Officer
We are seeking self-driven and motivated individual to join us as a Principal Planning Officer
to work on a full time contract. In return we pay a competitive rate of £22.07 hourly rate dependent on experience, other benefits include excellent training and support for career development and 21 days holiday (excluding Bank Holidays).
You will be supporting the effective renewal and regeneration of the London Borough of Harrow, as well as the negotiation, assessment and determination of major and complex planning applications delivering significant levels of investment within the Borough.
You will be responsible of the supervision of Case Officers on specific, complex proposals and the process and representation of the Council's case in respect of planning appeals.
You will be in charge of the monitoring and improvement of performance in the handling of planning and related applications handled by the planning team.
As part of your role you will be in charge of the determination of appropriate planning applications under the Council's Scheme of Delegation, providing assistance in developing Planning Performance Agreements and providing pre-application advice on complex cases
To be successful in the role, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- -Planning Degree or equivalent qualification accredited to the RTPI.
- -Substantial Development Management experience, including on major and complex planning applications.
- Knowledge of current Development Management practice, procedures and legislation.
- Ability to obtain, record and process information in a manner which is technically, factually and grammatically accurate.
- Ability to prepare accurate and detailed reports on planning applications, and statements and proofs of evidence on planning appeals.
- Ability to examine and assess information on planning applications and appeals and other planning matters, and to present a balanced analysis of competing issues.
- Ability to present information, verbally and in writing, on planning applications, appeals and other planning matters in a manner which clearly demonstrates a thorough, structured, logical and orderly approach.
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.