Volunteer and Communication Coordinator for London Charity
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Career Moves Group
We're pleased to be working on behalf of a North London based charity for the recruitment of a Volunteer and Communication Coordinator.
This is an exciting and rewarding dual post made up of two distinct areas of work, comprising of volunteer management and communications. The schedule of work responds to cyclical and changing project needs, so the post holder will need to be able to work flexibly and develop their programme of work to respond to project aims, targets and funding. On average, it is anticipated that time will be divided broadly speaking into volunteer management 2.5 days per week and communications work 2.5 days per week.
This is a great opportunity for the right person to influence an organisation with a strong history of volunteers and support a constantly developing communications programme. The post holder will need to work effectively with a wide variety of colleagues across the organisation, as well as external parties.
This requires the ability to manage relationships and liaise with managers, CEO and other stakeholders, and to ensure that volunteer opportunities are maximised and that there is a cohesive approach to producing and developing information and communications.
- Maintain and develop the volunteer database to use and care for our volunteers effectively and in line with regulation and best practice
- Manage the recruitment of new volunteers including developing roles with senior managers and creating role descriptions, running the internal and external recruitment process, and organising/delivering inductions and training
- Provide ongoing support for all volunteers throughout their recruitment, training and placement, including one to one feedback and support sessions
- . Organise volunteer events throughout the year, including recognition, promotion and celebration
- Lead the Information and Marketing Working Group, working with the Head of HR and Resources and colleagues to set a work plan and agenda items for the group
- Develop and manage marketing and promotional material for events, initiatives and projects, using third party suppliers and running consultations internally
- Manage and develop our website content, visuals and webhosting, building strong relationships with external designers and providers
- Work with both management and service users to support and encourage contributions to Charity's blog and social media updates, creating a social media plan which leads into developing our digital strategy, exploring grants and funding
- Coordinating and managing mailing lists, mail outs, newsletters and other correspondence, using software and programmes as appropriate
If you have relevant experience in this field then don't miss this opportunity and ensure you apply today.
Career Moves specialise in PA and administration recruitment across London. We are expert in recruiting Executive Assistants, Business Assistants, Private PAs, Team Assistants, Receptionists, and Office Managers. Please note, that as a specialist agency we are unable to respond to all applications individually, as much as we'd love to. Please contact your consultant directly if you have already registered with Career Moves Group.
PLEASE NOTE: As much as we would love to respond to all applicants, due to the sheer volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard from us within 7 days of sending your CV, unfortunately you have not been selected for the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Papyrus Prevention of Young Suicide