Sustainability & Environment Project Executive
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by TUI in the UK
The way we work across TUI Group Airlines is changing. Our goal in Flight Operations Procedures is to be a single service provider to TUI Airlines for all operating policies, documentation, performance tools and flight operations support. We will develop and improve compliant and consistent operating policies and procedures for flight and cabin crew and ensure that all other operating manuals documentation are consistent and included in the document management system. The team will also drive best practice in fuel and environment management in order to deliver the TUI Group Sustainable Development objectives.
The main expectation of the Sustainability & Environmental Project Executive is to work with the rest of the Environment team to ensure that environment best practices are translated into projects and implemented in TUI Aviation to deliver on TUI Group Sustainable Development objectives. The Environment & Fuel Project Executives will work to deliver all environment and fuel projects in One Aviation, ensuring they are always updated with industry developments in the field.
This role will develop strong stakeholder relationships with the airline environment team across One Aviation, local leadership teams and Finance.
What you will be doing
As an Sustainability & Environment Project Executive one of the key accountabilities of the role is to develop project plans for environment initiatives across TUI Aviation as defined by the Group Environment & Fuel Manager.
Your role will be to ensure the end to end delivery of environment projects across TUI Aviation teams and airlines, by building project plans which will help to deliver changes in procedures, working practices and behaviours required to deliver sustainability / environment targets in line with the TUI Group Sustainability and TUI Aviation strategic objectives.
As a Project Executive you will provide central co-ordination and support for environment projects across all airlines ensuring that your project plans align with TUI Aviation agreed tools and methodologies. You will maintain excellent stakeholder relationships at all levels within the organisation which will allow you to engage and mobilise specialist airline and other expertise to work on environment initiatives.
As part of your project planning you will consider and co-ordinate post-implementation assessment of projects by working closely with the Fuel & Environment Analyst and Fuel Project Manager.
Working closely with local leadership and communications teams you will deliver effective, timely and audience appropriate communications to front-line and head office teams on the topic of environment ensuring that our colleagues understand and support the TUI Group Sustainable Development objectives.
Working closely with local leadership teams, Crew Training and Aviation HR you will work with the Fuel Project Manager to identify and deliver appropriate and effective education and training to front-line and head office teams on the matters of environment.
In this role you will maintain specialist knowledge of aviation environment both internally and externally.
What we are looking for
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment delivering projects relating to environment management or sustainable development initiatives.
- Experience of planning and coordinating projects of work, utilizing project management tools and methodologies including monitoring to ensure delivery of stated benefits, and ensuring effective post-implementation assessment.
- Capability as an expert in the environment field, ensuring a clear visibility of current and cutting edge thinking in aviation fuel and environment management, including relevant Sustainable Development topics.
- Knowledge of or experience with managing an Environment Management System - ISO 14001:2015.
- A track record of driving continuous improvement; evidence of having successfully challenged the existing state of affairs, including working robustly with stakeholders to drive change.
- Insightful appreciation of the formal and informal influences and structures within an organisation; works effectively to involve stakeholders in business decisions by building trust and gaining consensus with people across all levels of the organisation and across different countries.
- Cultural sensitivity, with experience of working as part of a pan-European team.
- Able to operate as a trusted partner to influence the application of common solutions and best practice.
- Strong business English is mandatory and fluency in other European languages an advantage.
Working within TUI group
It's our people that make us number one
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven't arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.
Hill and Jago
TUI in the UK
TUI in the UK