Project Controls Manager
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Pimento Connection
Project Controls Manager - UK Defence
Our client in the Bristol area is looking for a candidate with strong capabilities in Project Control with SC Clearance.
- Various levels of experienced personnel are required.
- Role is within UK MOD, covering project controls activities for complex programmes and projects relating to work scope, resourcing and cost elements.
• Developing and overseeing the delivery of Project Controls discipline operating plans and discipline performance within their projects portfolio, including:
• The quality and timeliness of cost estimates, budgets, financial reports, risk management and schedules
• Ensuring project baselines are under change control and the approval of impact analysis and estimates of proposed changes;
• Monthly reporting including the generation of portfolio/project dashboards, financial reports and associated analysis and recommendations;
• The effective implementation of functional procedures used for estimating, for monitoring and controlling cost and schedule and for earned value management; and
• Performing audits to ensure the quality of estimating, cost engineering, planning/scheduling and earned value activities.
• Directing or undertaking day to day project controls activities including:
• Cost estimating, analysis and control activities;
• Schedule development, maintenance, monitoring, impact identification and recovery plan development activities;
• Earned value management analysis and control activities;
• Managing workforce planning and staffing plans within their project or• portfolio;
• Identifying, analysing and providing innovative solutions to cost management and planning/scheduling problems;
• Providing direct input to business cases, strategic plans, customer presentations, bid evaluation and contract negotiation
• Reporting performance and making presentations to management and customers.
• Building and sustaining capability:
• Managing personnel, administration and skills development within their project or portfolio; and
• Managing the implementation of functional training programs within their project or portfolio.
• 2-5 years' experience in a Project Controls environment of which at least 2 years' as a Project Controls Manager
• APM Practitioner Qualification (PQ)
• MAPM is desirable
• Minimum of QCF Level 3 in a relevant subject
Ability to achieve Security clearance to SC level or higher
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Cavendish Maine Recruitment