HEAD CHEF - LEISURE VENUE - GUILDFORD
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Anonymous
40 HOURS PER WEEK/ WORK LIFE BALANCE, NO LATE NIGHTS
5 DAYS MON-SAT, SUNDAY OFF
Head Chef needed for an a la carte restaurant based within a leisure complex in the heart of Guildford.
The restaurant serves an a la carte menu and also has a tapas bar and has around 80 seats, this is a multi-outlet site with the main restaurant, café and bar as well as garden. You will work 5 days per week over Monday to Saturday as it is close on Sunday's. Shifts will straight shifts with no late night finishes as you will mainly finish between 830-9pm.
You will work in a small team which will compromise of 2 other chefs and 1 kp.
This is an excellent opportunity to get a work/life balance position but also remain cooking quality, freshly produced dishes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities as a Head Chef
* Control and direct the food preparation process
* Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
* Approve and "polish" dishes before they reach the customer
* Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
* Building strong relationships with suppliers ensuring quality ingredients sourced at competitive prices
* Controlling of stock to limit wastage, maintain and seek to improve GP%
* Monthly stock count with prompt reporting of figures to finance
* Notify faulty equipment to Catering Manager, co-ordinate and assist with access to facilities for repairs when necessary
* Be involved in recruiting for your kitchen
* Organise weekly rotas, ensuring holidays planned efficiently
* Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
* Work closely with Catering Manager, Assistant Manager and Front of House teams for normal service and event catering
What You Need To Be a Successful Head Chef
* Proven experience as a Head Chef in delivering exceptional dishes in a time pressured environment, taking responsibility for the quality of each and every dish served.
* Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
* Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
* Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimised kitchen processes
* A confident, self-motivated, driven and professional person
* Excellent management skills and financial understanding
* Outstanding communication and leadership skills
* Credentials in health and safety training
* Culinary science related certificates
The Reward/Benefits - Head Chef
- Salary of £28,000 - £30,000
- Straight Shifts
- Work Life Balance with every Sunday off
- Independent company so freedom to be creative
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please click the "APPLY" button.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process