Project Officer (Social Housing)
Posted on Dec 17, 2018 by Anonymous
We own over 5600 social housing and 1000 student properties across the East Midlands and Yorkshire and take our roles in our customer's lives really seriously, putting the customer first in everything we do. We have a wide variety of customers and have ambitious targets to deliver the best service we can in an ever changing landscape.
Position: Asset Project Officer
Location: Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
Job type: Full Time, 6 Months Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 37 hours each week, we offer flexi-time, 7am and 7pm Monday to Friday; 8:30am to 5pm (4:30pm on a Friday)
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Benefits: At least 25 days annual leave every year, with bank holidays on top of this. An employer matched pension contribution of up to 8%. The opportunity to undertake additional company sponsored professional training. We like to get face to face with customers and suppliers, so a full driving licence is essential. We like to be smart, so you'll need to wear office smart clothing (and any relevant PPE when needed!) at all times and don't forget your ID badge!
About the role:
The role of Asset Project Officer is all about actively dealing with and responding to any queries, complaints, and claims relevant to asset delivery-based services and liaising with legal representatives and insurance advisors. You'll also provide technical advice to the organisation, employees and external partners and agencies.
You'll work from our corporate office at Acis House in Gainsborough, although we might ask you to visit other sites or locations as part of your role.
We want people to know you, so you'll work with a variety of stakeholders such as; other team members, Managers and Directors, the Board, our customers, members of the public, contractors, employees from other agencies etc.
This is a fixed term role for 6 months with the possibility of a permanent contract when the fixed term has ended.
- Ensuring that all planned, day to day and ad-hoc projects (including remedial works) and schemes and services are delivered within agreed budget, timescale and quality standards
- Ensuring relevant organisation policies, procedures and standards are fit for purpose, robust, implemented and adhered to
- Working with and resolving any queries, complaints arising from customers, external agencies such as the Environment Agency, Local Authorities, Public Utility Companies etc
- Managing performance against targets, timescales, budgets, quality and take appropriate and timely action to address
- Dealing with insurance and disrepair claims
- Preparing documents, option appraisals, tenders, specifications, descriptions of work, drawings, estimates, costs, schedules etc. as required to ensure that works are carried out correctly and in timescale
- Keeping up to date with current legislation and best practice
- Producing reports and data
- Completing, monitoring and reporting against key performance indicators
- Reviewing performance of contractors, consultants and other organisations engaged by the company
- HNC or equivalent or relevant experience within the construction industry
- Current full UK driving licence
- Experience of successfully managing budgets
- A working knowledge of contract or project management and standard contract types
- Experience of using standard forms of contracts and experience of successfully managing contractors
- Experience of producing tenders, specification, schedule of works and estimates
- An understanding of practical Health & Safety practices and evidence of delivering accident free environments
- The ability to plan and procure works as and when required to deliver organisational targets whilst ensuring a commercial awareness so as to maximise efficiency and value for money
- Preparation of deed or conveyance plans and surveys in respect of Right to Buy or Right to Acquire applications would be desirable
- Ability to identify trends in underperformance, take action and produce reports or action plan to address including timescales would be desirable
We may close this vacancy earlier than the stated closing date if the volume of applicants is high.
You may have experience of the following: Project Officer, Project Coordinator, Project Management, Project Planning, Asset Delivery, Social Housing, Housing Association, HNC, Health and Safety etc
Easy Web Recruitment